Bermuda on the Dawn with kids?

dna529

I have found a really good price for the Dawn to Bermuda in June for my family of 4. We have been on the Dawn before and I don't know anything about Bermuda because I always thought it was too expensive. I am looking for advice about whether or not this would be a good cruise for kids (9 and 12)? We like the beach and love to relax on cruises. Would they be bored? We are used to 7 day Carribean cruises with lots of stops. I know we enjoyed the Dawn, but I'm concerned about heading to a port for 3 days straight. Any advice? Did I mention the price is awesome?!:)

There are lots of kids on the Bermuda cruises. Take the water taxi over to St George or the beach. Go round the fort in the dockyard, take a catermaran. Go to harbour nights

Lots for them and you can even not get off and let them enjoy he flubs and pools

My kids are now 9 & 11, and we'll be taking our third cruise to Bermuda in early June. :)

We think it's a great port for kids, and we love the leisurely pace allowed by being in port for 3 days.

Our kids were around that age when we went on the Dawn to Bermuda a couple years back. They had a great time. We went to Horseshoe Beach the first day and walked way past the main beach where it was empty.

The 2nd day we took the water taxi over to St. George and walked to Tobacco Beach. Then we took a bus over to get a snack at the Swizzle Inn by the Caves. We toured both caves and took a bus back to the ship. The last day we took it easy and walked around the dockyard area.

we're going on that cruise with a 9 year old and a 12 year old at the end of June. I think there might be too much to do for the time in port. The first day isn't a full day and neither is the last day.

We're planning the dolphin encounter, there's a place where you can rent boats and jet skis etc, the Crystal Caves and Horseshoe bay beach. There's also a free bonfire and DJ at Snorkel Park beach.

There's hiking and historical sites as well.

My plan to be cost effective is to limit the amount of meals we eat on the island, going back to the ship for lunch and dinner, and buying a transportation pass versus taking taxis or cruise excursions (with the exception of the dolphin encounter)

All of these ideas sound great. Thank you! Now if I can convince DH to drive from NC to Boston...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Did you check the price of Celebrity Summit out of NJ? It will give you about 4 more hours in port than the Dawn and about a 5 hour less drive. Nice ship too!!

Check the Bermuda Port of Call boards for tons of information. Bermuda is great - there's a zoo, caves, forts, awesome beaches and best of all you don't need tours - just buy a bus/ferry pass. Three days will seem very short!

And I hear consistent top marks for the kids' club. The usual complaint is that they don't want to leave the club to hang with the fam.

There you are GR - haven't seen you in awhile. See you are going around the same time again this year once again - is that your anniversary or birthday? Say hi to Mr. GR and have a great time.

DNA - as someone said about the ports of call board, sailbadthesinner has a very extensive list of things to do in Bermuda.

Hey Dex - always good to hear from you! I don't see ships in your immediate future. 7 months is a long time away. You busy saving for college educations or just can't decide where to cruise next?

Prices for the Bermuda cruises are still crazy high but you can bet I will be making these forced packages work for me - especially the booze..

And if the calendar says 6/20, you can bet I'm celebrating my bday on a b2b cruise! Mr. GR says hello back at ya and our hello to the mini Dex's and Ms. Dex. Hope to see you again!

Edited by gamblinrose

Hey Dex - always good to hear from you! I don't see ships in your immediate future. 7 months is a long time away. You busy saving for college educations or just can't decide where to cruise next?

Prices for the Bermuda cruises are still crazy high but you can bet I will be making these forced packages work for me - especially the booze..

And if the calendar says 6/20, you can bet I'm celebrating my bday on a b2b cruise! Mr. GR says hello back at ya and our hello to the mini Dex's and Ms. Dex. Hope to see you again!

DW and I are set to sail the Spirit in December - leaving kids at home. We were on the Spirit in 2007 and still like the ship even though it is the oldest in the NCL fleet. We did the BA last March and it was o.k. and in August of last year we went on DCL Fantasy which was excellent.

The NCL routes aren't really interesting us too much plus the prices are generally higher in 2015 and 2016 for the times we can go so we aren't cruising this summer. For 2016 we had a very short discussion and we decided to go back to Tahiti on Paul Gauguin on a 10 day cruise. We went the first time the year after we went on the Dawn to Bermuda with you.

This was all before the changes at NCL. While some of those would affect us and others would not, the way they were handled and guests were treated doesn't have us looking much at NCL in the future. It just means we have to do some more research on other lines and we have plenty of time as we will be planning 2017 cruises.

Have one of those free drinks on us on your birthday.