opinions please..Breakaway Bermuda 7 day or Sun 11 day mexico

Kajunswty

we are in our 40's and we'll be celebrating out 25th wedding anniversary.

always wanted to sail out of NY which is why i chose the Breakaway. we would be in Bermuda for 3 straight days

never been to California and also Cabo is on my bucket list..the reason I chose the Sun.

the differences in the ships are huge i realize, what i'm curious about if one has a larger draw for middle aged / younger passengers than the other (sailing in Sept). we are from new orleans and hope to bring some who dat fun on the cruise LOL

If it were me, an 11 day trumps a 7 day anytime! And the Sun is a wonderful ship. Never sailed her on anything but Alaska, which is an entirely different animal, but a Mexico cruise that time of year will have lots of fun loving people.

It has two features I love, that big forward lounge with all the windows, and the shaded Great Outdoors on the aft of the ship. If you can manage to get an aft facing corner Penthouse Suite, you will have one heck of an anniversary!

I would choose the BA....It's a fun ship and spend a few days in NYC maybe go to The Central Park Boathouse. Have lunch and rent a row boat. Hit the East Village.

No matter what you choose, I hope you have a great time!

Congrats on your 25th!

Oh and its Silver.......maybe hit Tiffany's

Edited by monkeybone

You already know there's a huge difference between ships. That said, I wouldn't worry about not having a good time on Sun. I did a Pacific Coastal from Vancouver, BC to Los Angeles last September with my sister, brother-in-law and mother and we had a blast. A bucket of beer is a bucket of beer, regardless of ship. And I think Mexico will draw a fun crowd anytime.

I just booked a 10-night Mexican Riviera round trip out of San Francisco on Grand Princess for this February, so you know where I'm thinking you should go. ;)

I am booked for October of this year and I totally say do the 11 dayer. It is a longer cruise. And also its rare when a a ship ports in Acapulco and Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo now a days so you would get a chance to visit those rare ports.

The Overnight in Cabo would be the big plus for you. I was on the star that overnighted in Cabo in March and it was great to been able to experience the nightlife of that city.