IDEAS for CELEBRATING COLLEGE GRADUATION ON ALLURE APPRECIATED...

Our son has chosen a cruise on Allure to celebrate his graduation from college.

We will have a party of about 12, family and friends aboard.

I will book one night in his favorite specialty restaurant to celebrate, but I am trying to come up with some other ways to honor the occasion onboard.

Any ideas?

I will book one night in his favorite specialty restaurant to celebrate, but I am trying to come up with some other ways to honor the occasion onboard.

Any ideas?

Congratulations to your son!!! I know you are proud. We celebrated 2 of our children celebrating their college graduations. During the Formal Nights a Cake was brought out and 2 bottles of wine. We had a toast and cake once we were finished with dinner and all headed to the evening show afterwards. We used the Gifts Store online to choose the cake and wine and select which date to have it brought to table. You can also order decorations to be set up in their cabins prior to boarding. I made door signs which my DH placed on their cabin doors before they got the cabins. ( we kept them busy before everyone headed to their rooms) There are all sorts of baskets and treats you can have delivered to their cabin as well. I can't remember how it is done, but for a fee you can put a small advertisement in the daily compass. They say things like happy Birthday XZY, or Happy Anniversary XZY, etc. The spots go quickly so I do remember it is done the first day of boarding. They enjoyed the surprises :D

Again CONGRATS!!!:)

Any ideas?

A cruise and specialty dining isn't enough?

Have him bring his Cap and Gown with him. After dinner on one of the formal nights have him put it on and do a bar crawl throughout the ship. If he is anything like I was when I just graduated I wo8uld have loved doing that.

Seriously????

:rolleyes:

Edited by bouhunter

Yes seriously. What is wrong with taking a couple hours and hitting up 4 of the bars that the ship has and having one drink at each? I never said have him get hammered. If you go to 4 bars have one drink at each over the span of 2 hours that won't make the kid pass out drunk. People are on vacation. They will enjoy themselves. If that means have a cocktail or two who are you to judge?

Congratulations to your son!!! I know you are proud. We celebrated 2 of our children celebrating their college graduations. During the Formal Nights a Cake was brought out and 2 bottles of wine. We had a toast and cake once we were finished with dinner and all headed to the evening show afterwards. We used the Gifts Store online to choose the cake and wine and select which date to have it brought to table. You can also order decorations to be set up in their cabins prior to boarding. I made door signs which my DH placed on their cabin doors before they got the cabins. ( we kept them busy before everyone headed to their rooms) There are all sorts of baskets and treats you can have delivered to their cabin as well. I can't remember how it is done, but for a fee you can put a small advertisement in the daily compass. They say things like happy Birthday XZY, or Happy Anniversary XZY, etc. The spots go quickly so I do remember it is done the first day of boarding. They enjoyed the surprises :D

Again CONGRATS!!!:)

These are great ideas. I did not know about the cake indwell order it for sure.