We three queen,s

Sunday very busy day if you are cruising with FRED BALMORAL R.C.I ANTHEM plus the three QUEEN,S around 12,000 pax AM same PM plus onlooker,s :eek:

Should be quite a sight! Busy day for you so,ton saint I imagine. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing them in Liverpool May 24th - 26th.

There are thousands expected on the waterfront.

We might go over to Birkenhead, should be less crowds and just as good a view. All the Liverpool Hotels have been booked up for months.

Thought I'd walk our breakfast off on this cool :):cool:Southampton morning :)

we won't see the queens but made do with a walk up town and got a good look at the P&O Britannia... She's a big girl

Thought I'd walk our breakfast off on this cool :):cool:Southampton morning :)

we won't see the queens but made do with a walk up town and got a good look at the P&O Britannia... She's a big girl

Yes it's chilly isn't it? Last week was like summer! Still you're just about to escape! ;)

I know the Britannia is P&O's biggest ship - does she look a lot bigger than Ventura? There's quite a lot of chat about whether the public space is restricted due to extra speciality venues etc. on Britannia. The theatre is v small in relation to pax. Have you been on Ventura before? We had a good one on Azura.

Anyway have a wonderful trip kalos. I hope you are heading for some lovely weather. Enjoy. :)

P. S. We've got our own little celebration procession here on Monday - not quite as majestic as the Queens but generating a lot of excitement! ;)

P. S. We've got our own little celebration procession here on Monday - not quite as majestic as the Queens but generating a lot of excitement! ;)

yes....huge congratulations to afcbounemouth ...v impressive:cool:

Yes quite a turn up - don't know how the ground will cope with the influx of spectators next year! With only home grown players in the main, just hope we can keep up with the big boys - or at least give them a good game!!! Bit of a fairy tale end to the season. :)

I'm looking forward to seeing them in Liverpool May 24th - 26th.

There are thousands expected on the waterfront.

Should be fantastic to see them. I would love to be able to sail on a Thomson cruise from Liverpool. I did a long time ago catch a ferry over to Dublin.

Yes quite a turn up - don't know how the ground will cope with the influx of spectators next year! With only home grown players in the main, just hope we can keep up with the big boys - or at least give them a good game!!! Bit of a fairy tale end to the season. :)

HI KRUZSEEKA i did,nt know you are a ballmuf fan but i seem to remember when we were in the c,ship you were the one causing the problems in the away fans :eek: joking aside my second team but i am afraid only holding 12,000 fans and with big wages to pay it could be a stumbling block. any way it,s a big local derby and poor old pompy looking up at us SKATE,S :D

Yes it's chilly isn't it? Last week was like summer! Still you're just about to escape! ;)

I know the Britannia is P&O's biggest ship - does she look a lot bigger than Ventura? There's quite a lot of chat about whether the public space is restricted due to extra speciality venues etc. on Britannia. The theatre is v small in relation to pax. Have you been on Ventura before? We had a good one on Azura.

Anyway have a wonderful trip kalos. I hope you are heading for some lovely weather. Enjoy. :)

Kruzseeka,

When are you off to Santorini?

We fly out on 12th May for 2 weeks. Also staying a few nights on Paros and Naxos then back to Santorini before flying home.

Can't wait to go. Got to be warmer than here! :D:D:D

Kruzseeka,

When are you off to Santorini?

We fly out on 12th May for 2 weeks. Also staying a few nights on Paros and Naxos then back to Santorini before flying home.

Can't wait to go. Got to be warmer than here! :D:D:D

The 12th! :eek: From Gatwick - guess you might be going from Manchester. Only stopping for a week though but really excited! Hope you have a great time - and the weather is fab - for us both! ;)

Hi Kruzze &peeps

Sat on the Ventura on the deck in a real chair

We have really took to this ship ,there is not a lot not to like about her.

Tell you all about it when I get home to my own pc

You all take care

Hi Kruzze &peeps

Sat on the Ventura on the deck in a real chair ��

We have really took to this ship ,there is not a lot not to like about her.

Tell you all about it when I get home to my own pc��

You all take care ��

Happy sailing - look forward to your impressions on your return. ;)

The 12th! :eek: From Gatwick - guess you might be going from Manchester. Only stopping for a week though but really excited! Hope you have a great time - and the weather is fab - for us both! ;)

Hi Kruzseeka,

What a coincidence! Flying on same day.

We are actually flying from Birmingham this time as it was nearly £100 each cheaper than from Manchester, with the same airline! (Thos. Cook).

The tour we are on is called "A Taste of the Greek Islands" if you have a Saga brochure.

Hope you have a great time too. The weather is looking good - 22 to 24 degrees all week so should be brilliant.

Have a wonderful time,

Malc.

Just had a look at the details - looks a fab trip! ;)

We're staying in Fira since all the bus routes radiate out from there and we thought that would make getting around the island easier. I see you're going to Oia on day 3 - I'll look out for a party if we happen to be there and ask if anyone's from Sheffield!!!

We're planning on visiting Kameni one day for a beach day. We've been to Santorini several times on a cruise but always made a bee-line for Oia so we're looking forward to exploring other areas this time (but of course we'll definitely be going to Oia again!)

Yes weather looks pretty good - have a great time yourselves. :)

Don't build your hopes up too much, Kamari beach is not great, shingle, at one end and pebbles at the other, it is quite narrow and can get very crowded in high season, might not be too bad, early on in the season.

Don't build your hopes up too much, Kamari beach is not great, shingle, at one end and pebbles at the other, it is quite narrow and can get very crowded in high season, might not be too bad, early on in the season.

Thanks for the heads up Debs. Thought Kamari might be the best 'beach' around. Is Perissa any better? Not a disaster if not as we're not looking for a beach holiday but thought we might have one beach day. It might not be worth taking our beach stuff over that side of the island - what do you think? There's always the hotel pool! :)

Just had a look at the details - looks a fab trip! ;)

We're staying in Fira since all the bus routes radiate out from there and we thought that would make getting around the island easier. I see you're going to Oia on day 3 - I'll look out for a party if we happen to be there and ask if anyone's from Sheffield!!!

We're planning on visiting Kameni one day for a beach day. We've been to Santorini several times on a cruise but always made a bee-line for Oia so we're looking forward to exploring other areas this time (but of course we'll definitely be going to Oia again!)

Yes weather looks pretty good - have a great time yourselves. :)

We've called in to Santorini just once on a cruise. Can't remember if it was on Calypso from Thesoloniki or Spirit the year it did Adriatic & Agean, so just had to go back and this seemed a good way to see more of the Greek islands. Got 3 Greek ferry transits to endure though which will be a bit of a let down compared to cruising. We will look forward to the possibility of being accosted by you in Oia and will be pleased to say hello.

Our guide book says the best sandy beaches are Perissa and Monolithos, but if you venture to Kamari, do look out for the Rose Bay Hotel.

Regards,

Malc.

Will do - it would be lovely to say hello if we do cross paths. Like you we've only ever done Santorini for a day on cruises so we're really looking forward to exploring the island. From our research we will have plenty to fill our time. Exciting! Have a wonderful time - will be lovely to see a couple of other islands too. Enjoy! ;)

Loved Santorini. We stayed in Ikes Houses on the edge of Oia. There is a wine yard within walking distance where you can sample the wine and have a light lunch. Loved walking down to the harbour for dinner but glad of a taxi back up. I am sure you will have a fabulous holiday and will leave a little piece of your heart there.