First cruise of the Alaska season

TheSecondSister

Love you tblog!! Thanks so much for sharing! Looking forward to my cruise even more now! But I have to wait till 8/2016 :eek: Looking forward to more pictures and commentary!!!

August of 2016 .... oh my, I feel for you! I'd like to say something encouraging like "It'll be here before you know it" but when you really really want something, it seems to take forever. But it truly is worth the wait. Alaska is magnificent.

We leave for our first Alaskan cruise in less than a month! I think I've read nearly every trip report from last year already, and was hoping some new ones for this season would post before we leave! I was so glad to come across yours.

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for posting! We are going on our first Alaska cruise in July and reading your commentary and seeing pictures really puts in perspective the things I need to pack. The wine and cheese tasting looks like fun, I hope they have something like that on our cruise with Princess! I am anxiously waiting the rest of your blog! Happy Cruising!

The Westerdam was the first cruise ship to leave Seattle this year. It's the first ship into Juneau this year. The Solstice is second into Juneau by half an hour:) The Westerdam will also be the first ship into Glacier Bay this season when they arrive there. Can't speak for Sitka or Ketchikan:)

My point exactly. Ruby Princess was in Ketchikan on 5/1, two days before the Solstice got there, and three days before either the Solstice or Westerdam got into Juneau. The Westerdam left Seattle three days after Ruby Princess left Vancouver.

We are sailing Alaska on Celebrity Infinity on 5/15/15 and will be visiting your blog before we leave.

Bob

We will be on the Celebrity Infinity in May of 2016. kennelgang, I would love to see pics and some bar prices (Mixed and frozen drinks) from the Infinity. We have never been on a Celebrity ship before and I'm not sure what to expect.

Glacier Bay was amazing, incredible, spectacular, and any other superlative you can come up with. I took 255 pictures today alone!

Wow, beautiful. Really looking forward to Glacier bay! The weather looks incredible.

leaving on Westerdam 3 weeks from Saturday:D

Edited by WNcruiser

I have enjoyed reading your blog very much! Thank you for taking the time and the effort to share your experiences. Every day I go to your blog (which I bookmarked) to see what adventure you experienced that day. We are still about 2 months out and your comments have only increased my excitement level.

Safe travels home and thank you again for sharing your experiences.

Awesome report! Thanks so much for posting. I especially like the details such as posting the menus. I've been checking your blog since you left, and it's really well done. So thanks! Excited for our cruise in September! :D