Is there other ships around saling?

jamic16

There should be....don't know if the summit has started up yet....your ship is pretty self-sufficient and the crew is trained for all kinds of emergencies....the coast guard is available if needed....the atlantic can be rough but the ship is built to take a lot....take some seasick meds and use them sooner rather than later....honestly I am way more nervous on the plane to get to to the port than the enormous ship!......once you get on board you will be so busy exploring and having fun it will be easier to deal with your apprehension...after many cruises the most exciting part is going up the gangway and actually stepping on to it!

As the above poster stated, the "Veendam" is sailing out of Boston the same day. I believe however, it's doing a Canada/New England cruise, not Bermuda. I assume you are on the "Dawn" to Bermuda. In Bermuda that week also will be the "Breakaway" out of NY and the Liberty of the Seas and the Summit out of NJ. All the ships going to Bermuda probably won't be more then a few miles away from each other whilst sailing. I did see your other post about concerns in the case of an emergency. As the other ships going to Bermuda will be fairly close, if another ship had to be summoned, it would be there quite quickly. If a medical emergency should arise and a helicopter evacuation necessary, one could be at your ship (depending on the exact location of your ship) probably within an hour or so, at the most. Bermuda is approx 700 miles east of the US coast, so you won't be further then 350 from one or the other. Don't over obsess about being "stranded" for days at sea...ain't gonna happen.