Oasis - Embarkation / Check In and Boarding (Early) How early is early?

Question: How early do they beglin allowing you to check in and board on the Saturday departures from FLL (Ft. Lauderdale) on Oasis of the Seas. How "early" is early check in (arrival at the port) to begin the boarding process? 10am?

Question: How early do they beglin allowing you to check in and board on the Saturday departures from FLL (Ft. Lauderdale) on Oasis of the Seas. How "early" is early check in (arrival at the port) to begin the boarding process? 10am?

10am might be a little early. I know they are checking-in people by 11am, unless there is some delay. I'd say 10:30am is probably a good bet.

RCCL emailed me to say that the cruise port opened at 10 am and no earlier.

Just returned from a wonderful Oasis cruise and we boarded just before 11, were in our rooms just before 1, and had our luggage earlier than any other cruise.:)

Thanks, you boarded at 11am? Did you arrive at the port to begin the check-in process at about 10am? Lines? Traffic? we are staying in a local hotel and plan on taking a cab to Terminal 18, drop our bags and begin our check-in as soon as we can. I don't care if I have to sit in the Terminal I just want to be there ready to board.

Does anyone happen to know the cruise port address? We are driving directly to the port but cant locate a port address. Thx

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqSubjectName=Directions+to+the+Pier&faqId=290&faqSubjectId=331&faqType=faq

We just got off Oasis this past Saturday, 5/2. Boarding on 4/25 started at 11:00 AM primarily because the last group number for disembarking was scheduled for 10:45 AM.

We arrived at the terminal at 10:15, checked in with no lines, and went upstairs to the waiting area to sit until boarding started at 11. With 6,000 passengers, I can understand why they try level out the flow of arrivals to the terminal.

Departed the ship at 10:00 but took over 30 minutes to get through the long lines at customs.

We just got off Oasis this past Saturday, 5/2. Boarding on 4/25 started at 11:00 AM primarily because the last group number for disembarking was scheduled for 10:45 AM.

We arrived at the terminal at 10:15, checked in with no lines, and went upstairs to the waiting area to sit until boarding started at 11. With 6,000 passengers, I can understand why they try level out the flow of arrivals to the terminal.

Departed the ship at 10:00 but took over 30 minutes to get through the long lines at customs.

Thanks BobK for the report. No sense trying to check-in well before 10am as all you ar going to do is "sit" in the waiting to board lounge longer.....

Thanks BobK for the report. No sense trying to check-in well before 10am as all you ar going to do is "sit" in the waiting to board lounge longer.....

You can't even get into the terminal before 10 am because that's when it opens.

• 1 month later...

I like getting to the cruise port around 11:00am - I didn't feel it was too busy at this time. I've been able to get onboard by 11:15am a couple times. (We did have to bypass the photographers to accomplish this).

Hi

Do you have an allocated check in/ board time or can you just turn up when you get there? We are first time cruisers and I am totally confused about what to do on embarkation day.

We will be staying in Miami the night before and arranging transfers.

Thanks.

Sometimes they offer suggested arrival times, but so far those times have not been enforced.

Just got off Oasis June 6. We normally like to get to port by 11 but b/c of traffic this time in returning our rental car, we got to the port around 1230. It was the best thing that ever happened! We are platinum(not high)but enough for us to bypass lines, so we did...by the time we were on ship which was 1:00 or sooner, rooms were open & somehow we got our luggage w/in an hour....all of it!

On previous cruises we thought we did ourselves a justice by getting there by 11..ummm no. All that is, is waiting in the huge waiting room(holding cell)! This time we walked right on!