Sightseeing on cruise embarkation day

hobbess

I'm doing a Northern European Cruise which starts off in Copenhagen. And, I've booked a hotel for the night before the cruise so I can do some sightseeing on the day before the cruise begins.

But, I'd also like to do more sightseeing on the embarkation day when the cruise leaves Copenhagen. The cruise ship leaves at 5PM but I'll need to be on board no later than 2 hours before that departure time, ie 3PM. The boarding proces begins at 12 PM and my check out time for the hotel is 12PM.

What's the best way to squeeze in some sightseeing on that day? And, what's the best time to show up at the ship between 12PM and 3PM?

Could I drop off my luggage when the boarding process begins and go back to do more sightseeing? Or, are you required to stick around in the nearby area after dropping off your baggage?

Once you begin the check in process, you have to stay in the holding area until they call your number, right? So I would want to drop off my bags but not begin the check in process if I wanted to try to squeeze in a few more sights on the embarkation day?

You can drop off your luggage at the pier. Usually starting about 10 am.

You can also checkin and then leave the boat to sight see. Usually you would then have until 30 minutes before sailing to re-board

You can drop off your luggage at the pier. Usually starting about 10 am.

You can also checkin and then leave the boat to sight see. Usually you would then have until 30 minutes before sailing to re-board

On embarkation day, you would need to be on board and ready for muster drill 1.5 to 2 hours before departure.

I would check out of the hotel early and ask the staff to keep my bags. That way you could have a full morning of sightseeing plus time for lunch before going back to get your bags.