Princess Transfer San Francisco Pier 27

greenie082756

I have done a search and can not find out a lot about San Francisco Pier 27 and the Princess transfer on embarkation day. Yes, I know, we're pushing it.

We will be arriving at the San Francisco airport really early (8am) on the same day as embarkation. We made our flight arrangements through Princess EZair.

Now we have done this before however it was in Los Angeles and they were there when we arrived and bused us to a hotel because we had to wait. We had coffee, donuts and other goodies. Filled out some paperwork and then around 12pm bused us to the pier. It was all smoothly ran.

We were wondering is that how it will be? The same practice in San Francisco and was it run as smoothly as LA? Yes, I probably could call Princess and ask customer service but I'd rather find out from those that have actually experienced it.

If you have done this, please tell your experience.

Thanks! :)

I have done a search and can not find out a lot about San Francisco Pier 27 and the Princess transfer on embarkation day. Yes, I know, we're pushing it.

We will be arriving at the San Francisco airport really early (8am) on the same day as embarkation. We made our flight arrangements through Princess EZair.

Now we have done this before however it was in Los Angeles and they were there when we arrived and bused us to a hotel because we had to wait. We had coffee, donuts and other goodies. Filled out some paperwork and then around 12pm bused us to the pier. It was all smoothly ran.

We were wondering is that how it will be? The same practice in San Francisco and was it run as smoothly as LA? Yes, I probably could call Princess and ask customer service but I'd rather find out from those that have actually experienced it.

If you have done this, please tell your experience.

Thanks! :)

I have cruised out of SF at the new terminal with someone arriving at SFO. There was no shuttle until 10:30 am. They do not take you to an hotel, you're on your own until 10:30 if you want to wait at the airport. Since you are arriving at 8 am you could take one of the shuttle services to the pier like Super Shuttle or depending on how much luggage you have there is a commuter service called BART which will take you to the Embarcadero station where is about a 10-15 walk to the pier or there are taxi's available at the Hyatt Regency which is above the BART station. There is also the MUNI "F" line which is old street cars that stop right at the pier. It all depends as to whether you want to wait for the shuttle bus or get to the pier on your own. Since I live in the city please ask if you have any other questions.

Tom:)

Edited by trbarton

I took the Princess bus from SFO to Pier 27 in Feb. 2015. It was very easy!

I actually got to SFO 2 days prior (had to avoid snow storms) & got the hotel shuttle to my hotel near the airport. On embarkation day, I took the free hotel shuttle back to the airport about 9:30 AM & met the Princess rep. Some 20 of us were 'collected' in a waiting area for a short time. We were on the 1st bus to the pier about 10:30. Traffic was unusually easy, so we were at the pier before 11:30. I was in my cabin by 12 noon!

The return bus trip 2 weeks later was just as easy & quick.

We had the same experience when we left SFO in January. Princess had us meet at terminal one, luggage carousel one, and it made for a very smooth transfer to the pier. The only problem at that time is that we were able to board in a reasonable amount of time but we sailed seven hours late due to the union problems for SFO and the entire west coast. The union workers were on a work slowdown. Enjoy your cruise....and bon voyage!!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the replies Tom and DRS/NC. I'm a guessing we get to hang @ the San Francisco airport. Oh I just might try and get some sourdough bread while I'm waiting...yummers :D

If it were me, I'd take a cab to Brenda's Soul Food restaurant and have a great breakfast. Try the Beignet with Giardelli chocolate inside. Thank me later.

They also have great toasted sourdough bread.

Much better than sitting at the airport. San Francisco is such a great city. Get out and experience it.

Sue

Thank you for the replies Tom and DRS/NC. I'm a guessing we get to hang @ the San Francisco airport. Oh I just might try and get some sourdough bread while I'm waiting...yummers :D

Another thought...take a shuttle like Supper Shuttle directly to the pier where you can drop off your luggage. From the pier it's a short walk to the Ferry Building which is at foot of Market Street with many restaurants and shops. No need to hang around the airport when you can enjoy the city. You could ask at the cruise terminal as to when they think the boarding will start.

Another thought...take a shuttle like Supper Shuttle directly to the pier where you can drop off your luggage. From the pier it's a short walk to the Ferry Building which is at foot of Market Street with many restaurants and shops. No need to hang around the airport when you can enjoy the city. You could ask at the cruise terminal as to when they think the boarding will start.

Another great idea! Please get out of the airport and enjoy the city.

Sue