Jacksonville Hotel for Port Canaveral cruise

dfencecoach

We are cruising out of Port Canaveral and plannining on staying between Jacksonville and St Augustine the night before. We want a good nights slept in a safe place. Any help will be appreciated. Also how long is the trip from Jacksonville to Port Canaveral?

We have stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in St Augustine and the Hilton Garden Inn in Palm Coast just past St Augustine before cruises from Port Canaveral. It took about 2-3 hours to get to the port depending on traffic.

St Augustine is only about 30 minutes drive past Jacksonville.

Edited by Marie51

Stayed at the courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville before we thought it was pretty nice right on the beach,large pool and Whirlpool both outside with views which was neat. Rooms very clean and spacious also at the time the in room TVs had pay per view options.

We also stayed at the hilton garden inn st augustine which was also nice just not as close to the beach same for the Hampton inn which we stayed at as well. I liked the Hampton more for st. Augustine just because it has an old Spanish feel to the decor and layout. Rooms are huge there and it has a small garden outside.

Any of those hotels we felt safe at just the one in Jacksonville did have signs up about the hotel not being responsible for damages or theft to cars. Which whenever I see those signs it makes me wonder if its been an issue in the past.

If I read your signature correctly you are sailing July 4th weekend. Hotels near Daytona (90 miles south of Jax) will be full and pricey, so will most I-95 exit ramp hotels. The NASCAR race is July 4th and 5th. The St. Augustine suggestions are good ones, but book soon!! Maybe World Golf Village exit or SR 16 will work.

TIP: Do not drive through Jacksonville on I-95. Take either east or west I-295 bypass. East is shorter and takes you by the port. Downtown is under construction and has daily lane closures and accidents.

Hope this helps!!

• 4 weeks later...
Stayed at the courtyard by Marriott Jacksonville before we thought it was pretty nice right on the beach,large pool and Whirlpool both outside with views which was neat. Rooms very clean and spacious also at the time the in room TVs had pay per view options.

We also stayed at the hilton garden inn st augustine which was also nice just not as close to the beach same for the Hampton inn which we stayed at as well. I liked the Hampton more for st. Augustine just because it has an old Spanish feel to the decor and layout. Rooms are huge there and it has a small garden outside.

Any of those hotels we felt safe at just the one in Jacksonville did have signs up about the hotel not being responsible for damages or theft to cars. Which whenever I see those signs it makes me wonder if its been an issue in the past.

Do you remember the address? There are several Courtyard properties listed for Jacksonville on the Marriott website. I prefer using Marriott so I can use my points. :)

Do you remember the address? There are several Courtyard properties listed for Jacksonville on the Marriott website. I prefer using Marriott so I can use my points. :)

1617 N. First Street Jacksonville Beach Florida 32250 USA

that was the one we stayed at. It's really right on the beach which for us was a real perk even if it was freezing when we stayed lol.