Anyone not like cruising?

hfj17002

My brother wasn't impressed. Not sure what ship he went on (maybe the dream?) out of port canaveral in January a few years ago. From what I remember two of their three ports were missed because of storms and the only place they did make it was Cozumel. I don't think Carnival is the line for him. But maybe cruising just isn't his thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
DW said

"What I find really strange is that anyone who doesn't like cruising bothers to join CC let alone post there"

We didn't join CC to complain or post dislike messages ....we joined when we were trying to get some (hopefully) accurate info about cruising before trying it out.

We tried it, based upon info we read here.

We turned out to not like it so far.

We felt compelled to share our experience when this topic was raised by the original poster.

Who knows if we may or may not try cruising again ....that's why we still lurk here and read reviews & info ...

That is all .... over and out :)

We didn't join CC to complain or post dislike messages ....we joined when we were trying to get some (hopefully) accurate info about cruising before trying it out.

We tried it, based upon info we read here.

We turned out to not like it so far.

We felt compelled to share our experience when this topic was raised by the original poster.

Who knows if we may or may not try cruising again ....that's why we still lurk here and read reviews & info ...

That is all .... over and out :)

This is pretty much how I feel.

Hello, joined this forum a few months ago & taking my 1st cruise in June on the Freedom. I see how much ppl love cruising & how ppl become addicted after their 1st cruise. My question is, Do you know anybody that didn't like cruising & why? I'm sure there are ppl out there, I just haven't met them or read about them. Thanks!

Lots of people. My brother and his 2 kids and their families for example.

Why does it matter if some people do not like cruising. Basically - it is none of my business.

DON

Lots of people. My brother and his 2 kids and their families for example.

Why does it matter if some people do not like cruising. Basically - it is none of my business.

DON

This is a forum to discuss topics & opinions. I hadn't meet anyone that didn't like cruising & wanted to see what they didn't like about cruising. Saying that it's none of your business really help contribute to the topic. Your the best.

My first cruise was with two co-workers. I think both had a good time, but did not become cruise addicts.

One prefers All Inclusives. She found the accommodations too sparse, the time in port too short and hated having to stand in lines. (Our short 5-day cruise included a tender port.) She prefers to go sit on a beautiful beach, where the staff brings her food and drinks whenever she wants them.

The other coworker had TOO good a time. By the final night, he was buying bottles of champagne for the tables near-by in the MDR. Waking up to the evidence of his excessive generosity, in the form of his on-board expense bill tucked under his door prior to debarkation, kind of ruined his vacation.

Over the years, I've introduced eight first-time cruises to the joys of a cruise vacation. Every other person loved it and has continued to cruise.

Thanks for all the replies. My family & I just took our first cruise a few weeks ago. I have to say I liked it, but didn't love it. We found sea days to be boring during the day. The shows & activities didn't start until after 3, but mainly after dinner. So, the pools & lido deck were always packed during the day. The other thing we didn't like was not enough time on the islands. Really only about 5-6 hrs after you account for getting on & off the ship & traveling to where you want to go. I'll probably try another without my kids in the future & maybe a different cruise line. I do appreciate all the info I've learned from this site, it helped a lot.

I agree on the sea days. I typically book very port intensive cruises with only one day at sea. If cruising in the caribbean, that means departing from San Juan. The Southern Caribbean itineraries generally have you in port for at least 8-9 hours. You end up with those short stays primarily where tenders are involved.

I am also surprised by the number of people who are on CC who do not like to cruise.

I had to drag my DH on his first cruise because he didn't want to be on another ship after his Navy and Merchant Marine years. Now he loves cruising. We use the short port days to discover places we can go back to for a longer vacation. Some places make the cut and others we are really glad we have only spent 5 hours there. I love the fact that I am totally out of touch and work cannot find me. We rarely do a planned activity but find plenty to keep us busy and amused.

Every person on every cruise has a different experience and gets something different out of the cruise. We are totally unable to tell you what happens onboard after 10 pm. Others love to party. My drink bill for a week is less than $100. Others somewhat more...

My point is, enjoy the cruise that you take. If you don't enjoy it, don't do it again! I am lucky enough to have 12 weeks vacation a year and I spend 3 of those on ships, the others in other ways.

I searched for a thread like this because DD is upset with me for booking yet another cruise next year. I got married on my first cruise 16 years ago and I thought it was a cool way to take family vacations. After a bad experience on a 9 day cruise trapped in a tiny balcony cabin on a mega ship (my fourth cruise), I took a 6 year hiatus from cruising. My kids got older and I decided to try out Carnival. I was surprised that I forgot it was so easy to plan a family vacation on a cruise because everything is basically paid for upfront and you can control how much or how little you want to spend on extras. Plus, my teen son loves a week of relaxing and socializing with kids his age in the teen club.

So I admit I got cruise happy after that cruise and booked one for 3 months later, the next summer, next fall and this past summer. Basically, five cruises in 24 months, which may not seem like too many to some of us on CC. Yet my DD is just not into it. She gave the same reasons as some of the the posters on this thread. It makes me sad but I understand she is tired of cruising and wants to do something different. I asked her if she wants to bring a friend but I don't know if it will help. She's in college now so I hope she can plan some fun trips with girlfriends and still come with my son and I for family vacations.

As for me, I'm going back to school and will have two kids in college starting in 2017. I won't have too many opportunities for vacations for a few years so I'm looking forward to going on the Carnival Vista next year. I do agree with some of the gripes but I still get excited about boarding a cruise and seeing 3-4 different ports in a week.