Flight Times

I know this question has probably been asked a thousand times, but I'm too lazy to search :rolleyes: We are cruising Independence of the Seas in November and arriving back to Ft. Lauderdale on Thanksgiving Day. We booked a 10:30 a.m. flight. Too early??

Thanks!

FWIW, we flew on Thanksgiving once, and were stunned just how empty the airport was. I'd probably take a chance. My wife, who's less risk adverse, would likely want a later flight.

Edited by Cigar King

Delta changed our flight for the 4th of July to go home from Oasis in FLL. I had booked 12:45 and they changed it to 10:45. We had thought about calling and complaining to see if Delta would do something about it but we have decided to just self carry off our luggage and catch a cab and hurry to the airport and hope for the best.

Like you it is a holiday for us as well.

From what I have read and I did a few searches it should work out. The ship gets back at like 6:15 in the morning so if we have everything ready to go and try to get off the ship asap we should be good.

I think you would be pushing it. Oasis and Allure clear passengers faster - better terminal and they just seem to handle embarkation and disembarkation better. Independence.

Independence, last time I sailed, was at a different pier, and no way as quick.

We were on Independence in Jan we walked right off at 7:15. There was no line to get off no line at customs. We didn't have a flight but had to wait until 8am for the rental car company. There were lots of taxi's waiting.

Delta changed our flight for the 4th of July to go home from Oasis in FLL. I had booked 12:45 and they changed it to 10:45. We had thought about calling and complaining to see if Delta would do something about it but we have decided to just self carry off our luggage and catch a cab and hurry to the airport and hope for the best.

Like you it is a holiday for us as well.

From what I have read and I did a few searches it should work out. The ship gets back at like 6:15 in the morning so if we have everything ready to go and try to get off the ship asap we should be good.

I'd call them(Delta) and see what they tell you. If they changed your flight time 2 hours earlier, I would expect they will let you change to a different flight that day without a change fee.

Edited by ewenix