Suite Perks

HGJ1370

Will the concierge make reservations for you if only 1/2 your party is in a suite? Like, is there a way to dine in the specialty restaurants with friends when they're not in a suite and/or can you make separate reservations online then have the concierge join the reservations so you can all dine together? Same question for shows.

Most likely yes but I am not sure about prioritizing the reservation.

Will the concierge make reservations for you if only 1/2 your party is in a suite? Like, is there a way to dine in the specialty restaurants with friends when they're not in a suite and/or can you make separate reservations online then have the concierge join the reservations so you can all dine together? Same question for shows.

For specialty restaurants, you can make your specialty restaurant reservations beforehand via the internet for any size party or ask the pre-cruise concierge to do that. There's no difference between how a suite guest is treated at a specialty restaurant and how a non-suite guest is treated and all are charged the same cover fee. The only issue is that nowadays the specialty restaurants sell out if you have not pre-booked, so it is best to make the reservation and pay before boarding and then your friends can pay you back.

For shows, basically, the Concierge is not supposed to make reservations or do anything for non-suite guests and it's a breach of etiquette for a suite guest to ask them to do that. They won't want to say no, but it's really not allowed. So it puts the concierge in an uncomfortable position. I would not do that to the concierge. In fact, if you go to suite guest seating, you have to go to the show before everyone else, so what I would do is meet up with your friends at least 30 minutes before the show starts and as soon as the door opens, be seated. That way you can sit together and really, you will arrive a couple of minutes after the suites guests. So it's not like using the concierge would save you time in regards to show seating and at that point there should still be plenty of good seats.

Yes they will, you can make them all together. Keep in mind, if you make them on line, you will have to pay for them in when you make them, unless you have a UDP. Even if others don't have the UDP, you won't have to pay for them when you make the reservations, the restaurant will settle with them at the end of the meal. Hopefully, I explained that well.

I'm going to try to list every amenity we've experienced on NCL as suite guests. Really, there are a lot:

Sparkling bottle of wine and free large bottle of water on embarkation

(I believe it's Champagne, and as much free soda and bottled water as you can drink, in Owners Suites and above)

chocolates on pillows at night

(I don't think we got chocolates on our pillows in BA Owners Suite in April '15?)

special VIP area at the pier, including a waiting room at some embarkation ports with sandwiches, fruit and tea and coffee

(all of which was pretty awful at BA embark in April '15)

If you are in an Owner's suite or above, you get free bottles of alcohol - I believe it is 2 for 7 days and 3 for longer.

(3 bottles for OS and DOS, believe it's 6 for Garden Villas, for 7 days)

Garden Villas have a hot tub, their own grand piano, private sun decks

(I think OS or DOS on some ships also have a hot tub?)

Binoculars on ships older than Epic

(we had binoculars on April '15 BA OS, also a laptop computer)

I added some details to your list, thanks! The extra space would seem to be the biggest amenity in booking a suite, especially the larger "true" suites with a separate living area. And the shower on our BA Owners Suite was truly spectacular, probably as big as a normal half bathroom!