Sea Princess .. World Cruise 2015

Would have been surprised if the average age was less than 70. Very few people would a) have the money b) the time to spend 100 or so days at sea.

.....and c) they would have to be in very good health..;)

I remember one world cruise where there was a younger couple, who, despite doing some overland trips, didn't enjoy the world cruise.

As others have said, world cruises attract an older market, who have both the time and money.

Younger people, who have the time, tend to do independent land travel, rather than cruise. It is not uncommon in Australia to take a year off work, without pay, to travel, which usually means budget travel or home swapping.

It actually sounds like a much older group than we are used to... our world cruise and even the 90 day Europe cruise were younger. for the full cruise 55 - 65 would have been a good indicator and the younger ones were doing sectors..

Interesting that the average age is 70 on the World Cruise.

= Floating Lawn Bowls Club ? LOL. Oh dear, I am only 4 years off 70 myself, I think I might retire from cruising aged 69 years, 11 months and 29 days.

Edited by NSWP

Would love to know how many tablets are taken every morning

Just have brekkie in the MDR and observe the tablet boxes come out on the table, mind boggling.

Edited by NSWP

= Floating Lawn Bowls Club ? LOL. Oh dear, I am only 4 years off 70 myself, I think I might retire from cruising aged 69 years, 11 months and 29 days.

Why would you want to do that! ..... As long as I am able to I want to be able to travel the high seas...... Sitting at home will only put you in that nursing home faster LOL. my mum at 85 is in a home and never leaves her room .... I am going to fight that for as long as I can.....

If I am 90 and I can still get on and off that ship watch out!!! Out of the way lady on motor scooter tearing down the hall LOL

Why would you want to do that! ..... As long as I am able to I want to be able to travel the high seas...... Sitting at home will only put you in that nursing home faster LOL. my mum at 85 is in a home and never leaves her room .... I am going to fight that for as long as I can.....

If I am 90 and I can still get on and off that ship watch out!!! Out of the way lady on motor scooter tearing down the hall LOL

Scooter down the corridors on Sea Princess, the lubberly Jo with Gaz as pillion ? Pure Gold.

I retired at 55 and been cruising ever since, just about run out of cruise journey options. Sydney Harbour Ferries might take me when I am 70, although I could go with Holland America with the super oldies, LOL. The Baltics still appeal, as does Antarctica on the expedition ships.

Tickets please !!

Edited by NSWP

Hey don't forget the gopro strapped to my head lol

Waving ye olde Centrelink Pensioner Concession card with gay abandon. LOL. They would look nice around one's neck with the Princess Elite card. Colour match supreme.

have you seen judi and andy's update ... I felt sick just reading it, at one stage the cyclone was heading straight for them... I would have to say that is also one part of the world that we have had the roughest seas!!

I was sitting in my car in traffic thinking of cruising, as one does, when a mental picture of you on your motor scooter tearing down the long ship aisles came to mind. I burst out laughing! :) I actually believe you, which made the mental picture even funnier.

HI, Just a quick question When you need a visa for a certain country do you still nee that if you stay on the ship? Was just wondering as some of these world cruises etc could end up costing heaps more.

regards Zanny

HI, Just a quick question When you need a visa for a certain country do you still nee that if you stay on the ship? Was just wondering as some of these world cruises etc could end up costing heaps more.

regards Zanny

Depends on the policy of the country. From memory, you have to pay for a visa for Bali whether you get off the ship or not.

Yes the costs of visas would mount up. But guess it would be a small percentage in relation to the cost of a world cruise. Quite a number of world cruisers leave the ship, for land contact, then rejoin the ship later. That would be a big additional cost, in addition to forgoing prepaid ship accommodation.

Edited by MMDown Under

regards Zanny

Most of the countries you visit on a world cruise treat you as transit passengers and you don't need a visa...... On our trips the only visa we needed was an Indian and a U.S. ESTA .....

You can risk not getting a visa but you sign a letter saying that if the government insist you will debark at the port before and rejoin at the port after.... Even if you stay on the ship....

Today I was checking in for the legend and they are visiting Bali..... Everyone on that cruise will be charged $35 U.S. Just for the privilege of entering their waters whether they get off the ship or not... Oh and six months validity on passport.... We had at least 2 passengers applying for a new passport today..... They were last to check in with their shinny new passports and paid an extra $111 on top of the normal fee .

Do you know what the round things are off the Coast, David? Are they man made developments?

Yes, they are man made islands (The names of them are on the map).

It is quite amazing how they built them. (There was a tv programme on a while back about how they did it.)