Summit in the foggy morning May 10, 2015

cheryl20772

We listened to the fog horn throughout the night and found this view at daylight. We wondered if the fog would delay our docking and disembarking, but somehow we docked right on schedule. We had to be in New York Bay when I took this video, but you can't see much of anything. I was on our balcony in A-1cabin 1103.

[YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]

I had Youtube apply their stabilization to it, so if the video won't play, I'm sorry. They say to please try again later.

Edited by cheryl20772

Did you book the summit again when you came back or was that already booked before you went? Is she a good ship? Her reviews are mixed.

Funny, I was on the same trip and booked the same trip to Canada while on-board. We like the M class ships, this trip was very nice IMO and the ship is fine.

I'm guessing your cabin 1103? Watched the video again, you must be 1103.

Nice short video, yes it's fog.

I'm doing the Infinity in September on Aqua 1 on this side. Could you post videos of the cabin & baloney so I can see it's size and viewing area. Rainy & HOT in Panama when I go.

I want to see how much overhang there is, things like that. I'm doing a 17 Day Panama Canal Cruise in almost the same cabin, little farther back.

Fog video was very helpful, gives me at least an idea of the cabin and balcony.

CaptDave

Edited by captdave

I had Youtube apply their stabilization to it, so if the video won't play, I'm sorry. They say to please try again later.

I had that problem the first time I tried to embed a YouTube video on CC. It's because I put the entire link between the YouTube tags instead of just the video number. This should work:

MIMuTHFnreM

Edited by CruisinCrow

I had that problem the first time I tried to embed a YouTube video on CC. It's because I put the entire link between the YouTube tags instead of just the video number.
Thank you so much for the lesson! Now I see how to do it. Too bad this forum won't let us keep editing a post beyond a few minutes. I initially thought it would be okay after Youtube finished the stabilization.

I'm guessing your cabin 1103? Watched the video again, you must be 1103.

Nice short video, yes it's fog.

I'm doing the Infinity in September on Aqua 1 on this side. Could you post videos of the cabin & baloney so I can see it's size and viewing area. Rainy & HOT in Panama when I go.

I want to see how much overhang there is, things like that. I'm doing a 17 Day Panama Canal Cruise in almost the same cabin, little farther back.

Fog video was very helpful, gives me at least an idea of the cabin and balcony.

CaptDave

We did the Panama Canal cruise on Infinity a few years ago in a Starboard cabin further aft. Sorry no pics from me this trip. I did note well these deck 11 balconies when we did the Infinity cruise. There are slight balcony depth differences. They get smaller the farther aft you go. I'd guess 1103 might have been half again as deep as our cabin 1128 was on Infinity. The overhang, however, is pretty much the same for all the deck 11 cabins. If the sun is on that side there is no protection from it and if it rains, the balcony will be wet. Even though our balcony was cramped for space, it was the best place for watching the ship move through the locks. The Sunset bar is just a quick flight of stairs down too for a great view of the action aft. Don't forget a brimmed hat and sunscreen. You can get sun burned on a rainy day on a Panama Canal cruise :D Edited by cheryl20772

Thank you so much for the lesson! Now I see how to do it. Too bad this forum won't let us keep editing a post beyond a few minutes. I initially thought it would be okay after Youtube finished the stabilization.

I know! I had the exact same problem.

We did the Panama Canal cruise on Infinity a few years ago in a Starboard cabin further aft. Sorry no pics from me this trip. I did note well these deck 11 balconies when we did the Infinity cruise. There are slight balcony depth differences. They get smaller the farther aft you go. I'd guess 1103 might have been half again as deep as our cabin 1128 was on Infinity. The overhang, however, is pretty much the same for all the deck 11 cabins. If the sun is on that side there is no protection from it and if it rains, the balcony will be wet. Even though our balcony was cramped for space, it was the best place for watching the ship move through the locks. The Sunset bar is just a quick flight of stairs down too for a great view of the action aft. Don't forget a brimmed hat and sunscreen. You can get sun burned on a rainy day on a Panama Canal cruise :D

Thanks

We had 1133 Aqua 1 stern cabin on the Summit on the last trip. I know these 4 ships are all the same. Just wanted an idea what to expect.

CaptDave

Thanks

We had 1133 Aqua 1 stern cabin on the Summit on the last trip. I know these 4 ships are all the same. Just wanted an idea what to expect.

CaptDave

How did you like 1133, CaptDave? Is the balcony a good size, and is there enough storage in the bathroom? We're booked in her for July 12th and have heard about the smoke and noise from below from various posts on here...not that we're going to let that bother us!

How did you like 1133, CaptDave? Is the balcony a good size, and is there enough storage in the bathroom? We're booked in her for July 12th and have heard about the smoke and noise from below from various posts on here...not that we're going to let that bother us!

Great location 1133, I would take it again in a second. I'm taking 1140 on my next 2 Summit trips, already booked.

Nov 2013 Summit 7 Day Eastern Caribbean in 1133. Smoking section was right below us, terrible at times. When moving not a problem.

Great views from 1133. Very big balcony, huge overhang. Not windy at all on the stern.

Storage? Loads of room under the bed, could have brought more. Bathroom storage, don't remember good or bad...sorry?

CaptDave

Did you book the summit again when you came back or was that already booked before you went? Is she a good ship? Her reviews are mixed.

We booked Summit again while we were on the ship. When you book Aqua or above while onboard right now you get all three of the 1,2,3 perks plus an additional onboard credit that can be applied to the trip your on or the one you're booking. We chose to apply to the new booking. Then we transfer the new booking to our travel agent and they give us another OBC. This means we'll have over $1000 OBC (almost half of it refundable) on our next Summit cruise. That's going to make it easy to enjoy some nice excursions.

We chose our next cruise for the destinations, but there's no reason I know not to choose to sail Summit. She's a bit older now, but well kept. If you love shiny new, there are other choices, but Summit is not shabby at all.

View from Aqua 1 Cabin 1133, I can put up with it.

17898472215_43cd45b542_c.jpg

CaptDave