infinity cabin selection

vmcpa

Please help me decide on the type of veranda cabin please. The normal veranda is on what they call a guarantee and I was told that I could get an obstructed view. The concierge class could also be a obstructed view. Is is worth the additional money for an agua class since we will spend such a small amount of time in the cabin. I was thinking that I was being discouraged from selecting a less costly cabin. This is my first sailing with Celebrity - I have always sailed on Holland America/ Thanks for all your help.

The obstructed view could be as little as lifeboat below, obstructing the view only downward, to cleaning equipment blocking part of the view. We have had good fortune the times we booked guaranteed, but YMMV.

What is the price difference? For me, that is the deciding factor in what category we book, and especially so with Guaranty. Where is the cruise going, and how many days?

Edited by kenevenpar

Please help me decide on the type of veranda cabin please. The normal veranda is on what they call a guarantee and I was told that I could get an obstructed view. The concierge class could also be a obstructed view. Is is worth the additional money for an agua class since we will spend such a small amount of time in the cabin. I was thinking that I was being discouraged from selecting a less costly cabin. This is my first sailing with Celebrity - I have always sailed on Holland America/ Thanks for all your help.

Which ship? Celebrity has Millennium and newer Solstice class ships.

In my one experience, on Infinity (Millennium class) I had a Concierage guarantee. Was quickly assigned a cabin. I checked here, found that it had an obstructed view, called X and changed to another in the same class. No problem.

As far as I can tell, Aqua cabins are the same size as Concierage, come with some different perks. Main difference mentioned here on CC is that Aqua have a different restaurant that some prefer.

• 3 weeks later...

We are booked in a verandah cabin deck 6 forward (6039) for the January 17-31, 2016 sailing Valparaiso to Buenos Aires. Just off the Equinox Eastern Med cruise and had a problem with second hand smoke drifting up from the dedicated smoking area from a deck below. Couldn't leave our balcony door open and couldn't enjoy the balcony in the evening. Can anyone tell me where the outside smoking area is on the Infinity. Celebrity told me it changes and will be announced in a notice on the ship?? Does anyone know the answer? Thanks everyone!

We are booked in a verandah cabin deck 6 forward (6039) for the January 17-31, 2016 sailing Valparaiso to Buenos Aires. Just off the Equinox Eastern Med cruise and had a problem with second hand smoke drifting up from the dedicated smoking area from a deck below. Couldn't leave our balcony door open and couldn't enjoy the balcony in the evening. Can anyone tell me where the outside smoking area is on the Infinity. Celebrity told me it changes and will be announced in a notice on the ship?? Does anyone know the answer? Thanks everyone!

On Infinity, which is the ship the OP is referring to, there is smoking allowed only in small areas on Deck 4 port side; Deck 10 port side by the Pool Bar, and Deck 11 port side by the Mast Bar. Those are the ONLY areas that allow smoking, none of which affect any cabins on any deck. (This was on a 5/15/15 sailing so is very recent.)

I personally have never heard of a Concierge Class cabin on an M-Class ship having an obstructed view.

Thanks Beth for your detailed answered regarding the smoking areas on the Infinity. Re the deck 4 - port side smoking area....do you know if it is forward, midship or aft? We are looking to book deck 6 - port side. Thanks again.

Happy to help. There are 3 locations on Deck 4 - forward, mid-ship, and aft. I am surprised that the smoke would drift up 2 decks. Also, it is not a very popular place to smoke since the "accommodations" are rather spartan. :)

... I personally have never heard of a Concierge Class cabin on an M-Class ship having an obstructed view.

I was thinking of doing some cabin swapping on our planned trips; while browsing the deck plans for C2 accommodations on Infinity I rediscovered this note: Staterooms 8047, 8048, 8049, 8050, 8051, 8052, 8053, 8054, 8090, 8092, 8106, 9040, 9042, 9044, 9045, 9046, 9047 and 9049 have partially obstructed views.

For Millennium the list is slightly different: Staterooms 8047, 8048, 8049, 8050, 8051, 8052, 8053, 8054, 9040, 9042, 9044, 9045, 9046, 9047 and 9049 have partially obstructed views.

I didn't check the other two.

We were in 8056 on Infinity, we moved there from 8048 because I found out here on CC about the obstruction issue. From our 8056 balcony looking over, it was easy to see how the window washer interfered within any view forward.

As far as the smoking question, my wife and I are both former smokers. She is far more sensitive and less tolerant than I am, but I do notice areas of heavy smoke. While on Infinity I spent quite a bit of time on Deck 4 whale watching, etc. and never noticed anything. Portside, Deck 10 was a bit obnoxious at times.

If you can save $$ go with the guarantee. We did the veranda guarantee on Infinity May 2013 transatlantic and got a mid-ship deck six cabin. The lifeboats didn't allow you to see directly down the side of the ship, but it was not a problem. We save $1000 going with a guarantee.

Aqua is great, but unless you get an upgrade, I don't think the additional cost is worth eating in BLU and using Persian Gardens.