Getaway Eastern Caribbean Cruise - So this just happened!

You know when you just start talking and saying things like -

"Wouldn't it be great to take a Caribbean Cruise?"

And then the next thing you know you are booked on the Getaway for an August sailing!

That's what happened to us! It's turned into a family affair - We are taking my Mother and Father in-law who are a hoot and my sister in law and her daughter :)

85 days and counting.

So my question(s)

I booked the cruise and am seeing its going to be hurricane season. Those of you who are seasoned cruisers -- have you cruised in the middle of August? And is it normally ok? I know they won't intentionally sail if there is a hurricane - but if we have a cruise cancelled they just reschedule yes?

Tell me about the Getaway? I am going to go read reviews today.

Anyone know who the concierge is on this ship? I am always hoping to hear that our favorite concierge from our last cruises is on the same ship as ourselves -- we love him.

Thanks!

August is fine - the captain knows what he is doing and doesn't take the ship into storms

We have cruised many times in mid August.

Th islands are hotter than in the spring and you may have more of a chance of showers.

We have been rained out of our beach at St Thomas several times-but we didn't care too much as we were still on a cruise

I cannot remember hearing about cruises being cancelled for an August hurricane recently..or even not-so - recently . It is pretty much a non- issue. The ship will leave, if you have a hurricane you may miss ports.

The Haven on the Getaway is great but there is so much to do that you may not spend much time there.

We leave on our third Getaway on 22 days, 3 hours and 11 minutes!

I don't think you should worry about, like above it's hurricane season for so long.

Usually if there's a hurricane they just change the ports. My aunt and her kids were on an Eastern itinerary developed and they just switched it to Western.

We have cruised many times during hurricane season and never had anything but perfect weather. AND we have sailed not once, but twice also on 9/11. :eek: There's no way to predict the weather and what your experience it, but just know that even if there is a hurricane, the ships do great at staying out of their way or outrunning them. They won't take you some place you are not going to be safe.

I have a complete review of our Getaway cruise from last year (listed in my signature line) and it has tons of pictures if you are interested. :)