At port payable upgrade

From what I have read it has been a number of years since this was common practice. Seems like Royal us now into calling people per cruise and trying to sell paid upgrades prior to the cruise.

Bottom line is that if you really want an upgrade then you should do it before you arrive at the port.

If they stick with Mr. Fain's word of no more discounting cabins close to sailing... I suspect that pier upgrade opportunities might become a possibility again. But I'm not holding my breath on that!

Hi do RCI offer cabin up grades at port side for a fee? Similar to a seat upgrade on a flight. Thank you

I agree, it's very unlikely. However, the procedure used to be that you check in first, then ask for the Port Coordinator. If there are staterooms available, then it would be some fixed price to upgrade. I recall balcony to JS being $400.

I agree, it's very unlikely. However, the procedure used to be that you check in first, then ask for the Port Coordinator. If there are staterooms available, then it would be some fixed price to upgrade. I recall balcony to JS being $400.

I agree with Bob, except that it was the Pier coordinator;)

However for a few years now the answer was always to check with guest Relations onboard and the Pier coordinator had no Upgrades.

With all the inconsistency we know this answer was 100% consistent:rolleyes:

Guest Relations usually have a sign up about the ship being fully booked and no Upgrades available. However if you ask they might put your Name on a list and call you later in case there´s something available.

Most of the time nothing is available and if it was the cost was not a bargain at all. In Addition by that time - late evening or next day - I´m settled and unpacked and unwilling to move again anyway.