port switch

i jusy logged into my booking to see they switched us from falmouth, to ocho rios. any one know why this changed happened and why they did not notify me?

Personally, I think that is a lot better as a LOT of the excursions people do in Jamaica are closer to Ocho Rios than Falmouth. It will save about 45 minutes of travel if you are going to places like Dunn River Falls, Blue Hole, Mystic Mountain, White River Tubing, etc.

Plus they just finished re-doing the Ocho Rios port a few months back so it is better than before.

We just got back on May 9th from the Breeze 6-day sailing. We ported in Falmouth. We were excited because this was a new port of call for us. But as others have mentioned, Ocho Rios is closer to many of the excursions. We booked a private excursion to Green Grottos cave. It was about 45- minute drive to the location. It was fine, we enjoyed seeming more of the island but for those wishing to do longer trips like Dunns River Falls, it might prove tight on time.

On another note- the port at Falmouth is very nice.

Somewhat off topic, but reading this board reminded me of a zip lining excursion we did in Falmouth while on a royal Caribbean cruise. (pretty sure that the excursion is closer to Ocho Rios) It was the chukka zip line excursion (can't remember exact name, sorry!) and it was a blast!!! My family loved it and I would recommend it, if your on the risky side and would be willing to go on 10 zip lines:)