Magnetic hooks

Yes, don't bother. There are not enough steel surfaces to stick them too. The only places we found were the door jamb and the ceiling air vent. Everything else was aluminum or plastic.

We were able to use a magnet on the walls in our room on the Conquest. I bring along a magnetic thermometer and it stuck right to the wall with no problem.

Does any one know if the walls of Liberty are metal? I was thinking of taking metal hooks, but know am reconsidering. :confused: Thanks!

When we got in the room on the Liberty, my wife says, "Did you know the walls are metal?" and then threw a handful of LED magnets on the wall. So, yes. :D

Well it is hit or miss and does depend on ship. Not all of them have a lot of metal (and the metal is not always magnetic)

Reason is that those metals are heavy and they want to keep the weight of the ships down as much as possible. Especially on the bigger ships and their upper deck. You will see them change to light weight materials everywhere they can else the ships get "top heavy" and their roll tendency increase (not good on a cruise ship) They want to keep that center off gravity low and below the water line if they can.

Magnetic hooks and clips worked GREAT on the Sunshine last month. They held DH's hat, sunglasses, Fun Times and other miscellaneous papers perfectly and kept the counter top mess to a minimum.

We also used the suction cup hooks, attached them to the mirrors to hold sign and sail cards, etc.

We got all magnetics at Home Depot but they're at Walmart too.

Magnetic hooks and clips worked GREAT on the Sunshine last month. They held DH's hat, sunglasses, Fun Times and other miscellaneous papers perfectly and kept the counter top mess to a minimum.

We also used the suction cup hooks, attached them to the mirrors to hold sign and sail cards, etc.

We got all magnetics at Home Depot but they're at Walmart too.

What deck were you on? I am hoping we will be able to use the magnetic hooks in October when we sail the Sunshine.

Has anyone tried using magnetic hooks to hang items in their room? Including walls and ceilings.

I used magnetic strips that stick on the walls easily for decor. I don't think the hooks would hold much and would probably slide. Command Strips and Hooks can be found cheaply at the Dollar Tree for the cabin door- and anywhere, really- since it's not metal.

Has anyone tried using magnetic hooks to hang items in their room? Including walls and ceilings.

I took several magnetic clips on our Glory cruise and turned our wall into a hat rack! Worked great!

IMG_0354.JPG

• Like 1

What deck were you on? I am hoping we will be able to use the magnetic hooks in October when we sail the Sunshine.

Spa deck, but I'd bet all the decks on this ship have the same metal walls. The suction cup hooks on the mirrors were great too. Loved this ship and I hope you enjoy the Sunshine as much as we did. She's small, easy to get around, has an excellent comedy club (get in line early), and personable staff!

• 4 weeks later...

I have used the magnet clips on every ship listed below --all worked Great!

I did buy the super magnet ones with like a metal clip. I put one at the door and hang our cruise cards on lanyard on it so on more looking your card somewhere in the room. Just hang it up when you go in and out. I did notice lately that not all the outside cabin doors are attracted to magnets and then I use command hooks. if needed.

I also take window clines for the mirror and balcony door.

For our last med/transatlantic cruise I used some of the larger command hooks inside the closets. This helped to hang bags on, night clothes, necklaces ... I'm such a neat freak that I need everything to have a place so the cabin steward can just neaten up without having to move things. We even have the junk drawer where all little stuff is thrown. I also use the command adhesive strips to post a sign on the door. When you leave pull the strip and no residue.

• 7 years later...

We use magnetic hooks every time now. Be sure they are rated to hold enough weight, otherwise they are just dead weight in your luggage…lol!

hats, lanyards, towels, etc, nicely off the desk and shelves.