Trying to sign up for vifp

Shih-tzu

I have been trying for over a week now to create an account/register with the VIFP for Carnival. Have tried at least 12 times, if not more.

I keep filling out all the blocks (and for country I select CANADA). Then when I complete my address, the drop down list for "province" lists my province so I select it.

I keep going on with the rest of the information including booking number, etc. When everything is done, I click on "JOIN" and there's an error message that I must include "STATE".

I did send an e-mail to Carnival (the one at the bottom of their page that says "contact us") but haven't had a response yet.

Guess I should add that when I created my HAL account a month ago it worked like a charm - and they are basically the same corporation??

Anyone else run into this problem? :confused:

Edited by Shih-tzu
Added sentence

I have been trying for over a week now to create an account/register with the VIFP for Carnival. Have tried at least 12 times, if not more.

I keep filling out all the blocks (and for country I select CANADA). Then when I complete my address, the drop down list for "province" lists my province so I select it.

I keep going on with the rest of the information including booking number, etc. When everything is done, I click on "JOIN" and there's an error message that I must include "STATE".

I did send an e-mail to Carnival (the one at the bottom of their page that says "contact us") but haven't had a response yet.

Guess I should add that when I created my HAL account a month ago it worked like a charm - and they are basically the same corporation??

Anyone else run into this problem? :confused:

You will be automatically enrolled when you take your first Carnival cruise.

You will be automatically enrolled when you take your first Carnival cruise.

Thanks Winddawn :) I knew that I would be, but their site does say that you can sign up before your first cruise with them to get special offers, manage your booking, receive news, possibly book shore excursions(?) etc so thought I would sign up now so I would have something to look at/get updates etc. I think between now and February is going to seem sooooooo long.

If I have to wait, then that's OK too. Thanks for your help.:)

I was having the exact same problem 2 weeks ago after we booked our first Carnival cruise and I was trying to register for VIFP. I kept filling in the forms then would get an error message. It was making me crazy.

So, I finally call in and the web help desk lady explained that it's a glitch in the system for us Canadians. Boo. What I had to do was register as American using the Carnival corporate address in Miami. Whalla it works. Then you sign in and edit your address back to your real Canadian address. Complicated for sure. Seems like IT might want to get on that.

Hope that helps.

There are many wonderful things about being Canadian. Trying to deal with American websites is not necessarily one of them. The problem I most commonly run in to is a site not recognizing our postal code because it is different than an area code. I understand you desire to pass the time waiting for a cruise. One of the main reasons for my addiction to cc.