Shore Excursions

maximus217

Thank you very much for everyone who responded to my previous questions, 'Newbie to Oceania.'

I have additional questions:

1. Regarding Shore Excursions. I was browsing around the lists of shore excursions available for our cruise. I noticed that there are three different prices for each excursion. What are the differences among them - Tour Price, Your World, and Unlimited? If I would like to calculate the total costs for our excursions, which one should I use?

2. Regarding Prestige Select for Beverage Package, is the amount per person or per suite?

3. Regarding the $23 gratuity, is the amount per person or per suite?

Thanks again.

Edited by maximus217

Thank you very much for everyone who responded to my previous questions, 'Newbie to Oceania.'

I have additional questions:

1. Regarding Shore Excursions. I was browsing around the lists of shore excursions available for our cruise. I noticed that there are three different prices for each excursion. What are the differences among them - Tour Price, Your World, and Unlimited? If I would like to calculate the total costs for our excursions, which one should I use?

if you choose one of the packages then you go by the price of the package some you must choose a specific number of tours

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/ashore/shore-excursion-collections/

2. Regarding Prestige Select for Beverage Package, is the amount per person or per suite? Per person

3. Regarding the $23 gratuity, is the amount per person or per suite? Per person

Thanks again.

You can also join your roll call & maybe share private tours a lot less than O tours ;)

Shore Excursions - I would agree you should join the roll call and connect with others on your cruise to share a private tour. On our cruise, we did a mix of private tours, shore excursions and on our own. I enjoyed the ports we did on our own but between the private and shore excursion, by far the private tours were better. We saw a lot more and there was definitely better value.

Beverage Packages - those prices are per person per day. Cocktails or a glass of wine are on average $9 to $11 per drink.

the "tour price" is the price of that excursion only, kind of like an "a la carte" price.

If you select the package called "your world" you can choose any excursion and pay the "world price" listed but you must purchase a minimum number of excursions to receive that price. The number of purchases varies according to the length of your cruise. We're on the Around the World 2016 and our magic number is 28 to get the "world" price.

The "unlimited package" is that you pay one lump sum for a pre-determined list of excursions and choose from them.

BTW, if you feel more comfortable choosing ships excursions, that's ok, too. Go with what suits your particular needs.

Hope this helps......c

Thank you very much for all your responses.

I calculated the costs with 'your world' and the potential excursions we will take in our cruise and there is a significant savings if we choose several excursions from Oceania.

Had anyone used the Oceania 'exclusive collection'? Do we tell them where to go once we meet them on the port? For museums, does the guide goes with you and help you purchase the tickets?

Thank you very much for all your responses.

I calculated the costs with 'your world' and the potential excursions we will take in our cruise and there is a significant savings if we choose several excursions from Oceania.

Had anyone used the Oceania 'exclusive collection'? Do we tell them where to go once we meet them on the port? For museums, does the guide goes with you and help you purchase the tickets?

The exclusive collection is still a group Tour which has been planned for you the benefit is not more than 16 people. The private limo hires are the only self planned land trips.

We used an O exclusive for a tour of Masada, Israel and it was one of the great tours of our life. There were 14 of us and our tour guide had, like the vast majority of Israeli men, served in the military and was well versed in both the history and tactics of the Roman siege.

When asked where he had served, he told us he couldn't tell us, or....the old standard joke....if he "told us I'd have to kill you" but he was amazing.

He told me privately that he'd been in "some interesting places in the 6 days war."

We aim to take several OExclusive tours on our RTW16 just because of our excellent experiences with them.

DIY is good, private tours are good, O shore ex are good.....to each their own!