Anthem of the Seas,DrinksPackage and Upgrades

Hi All

First RCI cruise this year on Anthem out of Southampton for a 14 night Med Cruise. Booked D2 Balcony which included the Select Drinks package which I understand is Beer, wines and soft drinks.

Has anyone had this and upgraded to Premium or Ultimate at Southampton ?

Last October we cruised on Celebrity Eclipse with Classic drinks package included and upgraded to Premium drinks package for $10 pp per night in terminal - totally worth it for us as we drink mainly Spirits and wines and one Martini per night and we were in "profit" 😉🍸🍸🍸

I know Anthem is very new but if anyone has experienced the upgrade on Anthem or another RCI ship out of Southampton would be interested in how it worked

Thanks

You should be able to upgrade once you get on the ship.

Hi

Yes know I can definitely upgrade on ship but trying to find out how much the upgrade is in the UK and if you can do it in Southampton cruise terminal before boarding ship as I did on Celebrity Eclipse last year

Hi

Yes know I can definitely upgrade on ship but trying to find out how much the upgrade is in the UK and if you can do it in Southampton cruise terminal before boarding ship as I did on Celebrity Eclipse last year

According to the website, it is $15 [Approximately £10} per person per day to upgrade to the Premium package from the Select package.

can anyone let me know if cider is included in the select package THANKS in advance

Yes, cider is included in the Select package. I've seen Strongbow and Angry Orchard on board.

Edited by clarea

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I've just booked for the across the pond and qualified for the drinks on us promo, should this show on my booking or will it show later on ?

Cheers

Hi,

The included drinks package didn't show on my booking but I upgraded at the drinks stand once I got on board and it was fine.

They had a list of names/cabin numbers who were entitled to the basic drinks package.

We upgraded to ultimate package for $25 per day

Hi,

The included drinks package didn't show on my booking but I upgraded at the drinks stand once I got on board and it was fine.

They had a list of names/cabin numbers who were entitled to the basic drinks package.

We upgraded to ultimate package for $25 per day

Hi T

hat seems a lot for the Ultimate package upgrade - A few have posted $15pp per day to Upgrade from Select to Premium on Anthem which to be honest as I mainly drink premium brand G&T, Grey Goose Martinis, cocktails and a nice NZ Sauvignon Blanc is a steal for me .... however another $10pp per day on top of that x our 14 nights would add $280 for premium coffee and sparkling water :eek: Not sure that works out for me .... any idea how much a premium coffee is ? I would normally only have a max of 1 per day .... also can you get a latte or cappuccino after evening meal free or is this an upcharge as well ?

Hi T

hat seems a lot for the Ultimate package upgrade - A few have posted $15pp per day to Upgrade from Select to Premium on Anthem which to be honest as I mainly drink premium brand G&T, Grey Goose Martinis, cocktails and a nice NZ Sauvignon Blanc is a steal for me .... however another $10pp per day on top of that x our 14 nights would add $280 for premium coffee and sparkling water :eek: Not sure that works out for me .... any idea how much a premium coffee is ? I would normally only have a max of 1 per day .... also can you get a latte or cappuccino after evening meal free or is this an upcharge as well ?

I think a tall latte was about $4.50. We have at least 2 large starbucks a day so the additional $10 made sense (and we were only on a 7day cruise so used our OBC to pay most of the difference).

You have to pay for a latte or cappuccino after a meal, only regular coffee (which we didn't really enjoy tbh) is included.

If you're not a big coffee drinker it probably isn't worth the extra to go ultimate.

Came off anthem canaries cruise 13 June great ship upgraded to spirits and cocktails for last six days 15 dollars a day well worth it considering a single cocktail was 12.50 dollars can upgrade at any bar at anytime during holiday

I think a tall latte was about $4.50. We have at least 2 large starbucks a day so the additional $10 made sense (and we were only on a 7day cruise so used our OBC to pay most of the difference).

You have to pay for a latte or cappuccino after a meal, only regular coffee (which we didn't really enjoy tbh) is included.

If you're not a big coffee drinker it probably isn't worth the extra to go ultimate.

Thanks for the feedback

I guess at $4.50 a coffee we will just pay for those as and when as we'll probably only have them every other day on average

Came off anthem canaries cruise 13 June great ship upgraded to spirits and cocktails for last six days 15 dollars a day well worth it considering a single cocktail was 12.50 dollars can upgrade at any bar at anytime during holiday

Hi Andrew

Thanks for the feedback - last year on Eclipse we had the classic drinks package and upgraded to premium as we boarded ship. As you say with cocktails, Martinis and better wines it was a no brainer for us and will do the same in September when we go on Anthem.

Btw anyone have the Martinis ?? On Eclipse they were really good in the Martini Ice Bar, Grey Goose Vodka or Bombay Sapphire ..... No "local" spirits used as the cheap option.... Are they the same on Anthem/RCI ??

I'm considering my first RCC cruise and cannot find a list of complimentary beverage options. Does anyone know the list or have a source to point me to? I can't seem to find it on the website either.

• 2 weeks later...

We have just returned from Anthem and also had free Select package. We like to drink spirits/cocktails so upgraded to Premium package. You can do this at the terminal just after check in as you board or at any of the bars. You will be charged to your account in dollars wherever you do it. It's $15 per day per person ($210 each) but we found it worthwhile as we don't drink that much beer or wine.

I don't think it's worth taking the premium package as the only difference was premium coffees and Moët champagne rather than other champagne. For the extra it's worth just paying for a premium coffee when and if you reLly want one as there is coffee available from urns all over the ship, albeit not great coffee. Depends how important coffee is to you.

Remember to take some coffee for your stateroom as they only provide teabags, you can then make your own.

Is there a price list for drinks outside of the package? In order to figure out if it's worth it, we'd need to be able to figure out cost of drinks if we didn't select a package (and which package is completely a different issue).

Edited by Overtyme