Hotels near Tampa port

Hargie51

This will probably be moved over the the Florida boards but as a local here is my best advice:

The hotels near the port are located in Downtown Tampa. I do not know of ANY that will offer you free cruise parking albeit there are a few with a port shuttle. Here is a listing of the downtown Tampa hotels. The port of Tampa is located at the Channelside District.

http://www.downtowntampahotels.com

A really good hotel for a park & cruise is the Holiday Inn Express Rocky Point. This hotel is located near the airport in Tampa and about a 15 min shuttle ride to the port. The Rocky Point area overlooks the Bay and is in a mostly corporate area that IMO is considered very safe. The cruise package at this hotel offers a round-trip shuttle to and from the port. This is an important factor as the return trip can be anywhere from $25 - $30. A lot of the cruise hotels only offer the one-way shuttle so this is a nice perk.

I believe the Hampton Rocky Point and the Chase Suites Rocky Point also have a Park & Cruise with the round trip shuttle.

Just a heads-up but please avoid any hotels in the Stadium or Fairgrounds area..... not great areas to leave your car parked while on a cruise.

Good luck to you and have a great cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone recommend a hotel near the Tampa Port that has shuttle service to Carnival Port and will let you leave your car there?

We stayed at the Embassy Suites - there are two, ours was across from the hockey arena, and closest to the port. We booked a park & stay package this past January, booked and shuttle service through Super Shuttle. Overall, we saved $ over what we would have spent with a cheaper hotel and port parking, the shuttle was only $8/pp and the complimentary evening snacks and drinks were a bonus! I would definitely do it again!

I did some research on hotels that provide free parking in Tampa as well as shuttles to port.

There are the ones that look like the best deals.

Has anyone stayed at any of these hotels?

Hampton Inn Tampa-International Airport/Westshore

$ 122.08

Hampton Inn Tampa/Rocky Point-Airport

$ 204.00

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa/Rocky Point Island

159.00 USD

Quality Inn & Suites Near Fairgrounds Ybor City

$114 night

The first Hampton seems to be a good deal. Quality Inn has no poor reviews, but is a two star. Still, it might be an option

Westshore is close to the airport; Rocky Point is a nicer area IMHO. Have you looked at the Chase Suites Rocky Point? :confused:

If found the TripAdvisor post of this hotel, which showed more highly negative reviews that I would prefer.

I hotel's website said free parking, but nothing about free parking in a package for a cruise.

Hampton Inn Tampa/Rocky Point-Airport

$ 204.00

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Tampa/Rocky Point Island

159.00 USD

My first cruises out of Tampa, I stayed at the Hampton Inn/Rocky Point and it was great, a typical Hampton Inn -- clean, efficient, and convenient to the port.

My cruise in January, I booked at the Hampton Inn (got a great rate, less than your quoted rate at the Holiday Inn), but was walked to the Holiday Inn Express because there was a problem with the rooms in the Hampton Inn. I AM SO GLAD I DID NOT PAY FOR THE HOLIDAY INN! I have never had a worse hotel stay. The walls are paper thin, I could hear everything that went on in the rooms on either side of me and I mean everything from the TV to shower and other bathroom noises. Also the none of the phones worked in any of the three rooms my family had. There was a light outside the window that lit the room like daylight even with the blackout curtains drawn. The day we checked out, the elevator was broken and there was ZERO help or information from the front desk -- and not like they could call as the phones weren't working. When I complained to the front desk the staff member working didn't bother to take down the information or even acknowledge my problems. I would caution you to stay away from the Holiday Inn Express/Rocky Point.

My first cruises out of Tampa, I stayed at the Hampton Inn/Rocky Point and it was great, a typical Hampton Inn -- clean, efficient, and convenient to the port.

My cruise in January, I booked at the Hampton Inn (got a great rate, less than your quoted rate at the Holiday Inn), but was walked to the Holiday Inn Express because there was a problem with the rooms in the Hampton Inn. I AM SO GLAD I DID NOT PAY FOR THE HOLIDAY INN! I have never had a worse hotel stay. The walls are paper thin, I could hear everything that went on in the rooms on either side of me and I mean everything from the TV to shower and other bathroom noises. Also the none of the phones worked in any of the three rooms my family had. There was a light outside the window that lit the room like daylight even with the blackout curtains drawn. The day we checked out, the elevator was broken and there was ZERO help or information from the front desk -- and not like they could call as the phones weren't working. When I complained to the front desk the staff member working didn't bother to take down the information or even acknowledge my problems. I would caution you to stay away from the Holiday Inn Express/Rocky Point.

Many thanks for your warning. I think we will stick with Hampton.