2017 itineraries

rayandjean

They were scheduled to be announced this month, but with the new-build delays, Viking said not to end of year.

Thanks for the information about the 2017 schedule.

In the cold, cold month of January here in my neighborhood, I will be pouring over the Viking schedule and the seed catalogs ,planning a cruise and garden while the North winds blow.:)

Hi, the link below will take you to the Viking site and a page that states "2017 Itineraries are now open for booking!". There is a link on the page. It looks like 2017 dates are available in the pull-down selector for most cruises. I haven't explored it very far, though.

http://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans?medium=tsa&refsrcprg=sem:Viking-Ocean-Cruises-Brand-Search-USA&gclid=CIb2h9a4lcYCFQ8waQodaC4AxA

I see the 2017 sailings of the" Into the Midnight Sun." There are five sailings using all three of the Vikings ships!!! in June and July of 2017.:)

The prices are reasonable for this 15 day sailing. Early booking and deposit, and final payment in Dec of 2015.

Need to talk to my sister who just went home early this morning after a week visit.

There was a link to an article on one of the threads where Viking announced they would sail 3 ten day itineraries on the East Coast/Canada Fall of 2016. I am not seeing these yet on their website, but it could be that I am not searching in the right place.

Thank you drib for that info. I am excited to see what the Star itineraries will be during Fall/Winter 2016. It will be nice having options closer to home for a shorter travel trip - we have a very long distance trip in Spring 2016. I will be watching for those specifics.....

I was updating my own cruise database for Viking Ocean. I noticed these two gaps in their itineraries.

Viking Sea has a cruise that end in Venice on December 23, 2016,.

Yikes! Who wants to be in Venice in December? All the other cruise lines leave well before then.

The weather is very iffy then... and since Venice involves a lot of walking around?? Well I guess it would be quiet....absence of tourists would be a bonus but what about acqua alta?

we have to agree with you Cassandra on Tunis. A few months back we were looking at additional Viking Oceans itineraries that would provide different ports - and those including Tunis - regardless of Cruise Lines are off our list. Algiers as well. And that is just sad.....

Thanks for the heads up. We're looking at 7/1/2017 "into the Midnight Sun"

on the Sky.

Has anyone booked "Into the Midnight Sun"? We are looking at June 3, 2017 on the Star. Heard the cruises are filling up fast already.

Edited by Kylie
found the answer to my other question on this board

My wife & I are booked on Midnight Sun - Jun 17th on the Star (London to Bergen). The 2016 cruises filled up fast at about the 18 month point (Dec 2014) during a Viking "push". Right now the website is showing availability of all cabin types and all grades with each type.

Has anyone booked "Into the Midnight Sun"? We are looking at June 3, 2017 on the Star. Heard the cruises are filling up fast already.

We just got back from a National Parks tour on 6/30. I have been impatiently waiting for the 2017 cruises to post and realized that they were there. Today we booked the June 3, 2017 "Into the Midngiht Sun" on the Viking Star and thrilled to have done so. Hope you will be joining us. They said we're unable to book extensions @ this time but promised to keep me posted...Valerie

We just got back from a National Parks tour on 6/30. I have been impatiently waiting for the 2017 cruises to post and realized that they were there. Today we booked the June 3, 2017 "Into the Midngiht Sun" on the Viking Star and thrilled to have done so. Hope you will be joining us. They said we're unable to book extensions @ this time but promised to keep me posted...Valerie

Hi Valarie,

For now we have put off booking this cruise which means we'll probably miss out on it, but we are going with Viking on a river cruise in June 2016 and they wanted final payment for both trips in Dec. 2015 - just too much to hand over at one time. We may look for this same itinerary with some other cruise line too. If looks like a great trip!

Have a great time!