Carseat laws in Los Angeles?

Me and my wife are going to take our kids on the Carnival Imagination in February and we are just trying to see if we need to take carseats with us. My son will be and my daughter will be 6. We plan on flying into Long Beach Airport and taking a shuttle or maybe a taxi to our hotel.

Me and my wife are going to take our kids on the Carnival Imagination in February and we are just trying to see if we need to take carseats with us. My son will be and my daughter will be 6. We plan on flying into Long Beach Airport and taking a shuttle or maybe a taxi to our hotel.

The major shuttle companies DON'T supply car seats...so you will likely have to bring your own.

http://www.cdph.ca.gov/HealthInfo/injviosaf/Documents/ParentBrochure-English.pdf

Your 6 year old daughter should only need a backless booster seat. I'm not sure how old your son is since it got cut off in your post, but the general criteria is 4 years and 40 lbs for a booster seat. If he is younger or smaller than that, he should be in a car seat. Most airlines will check a car seat or booster seat free of charge.

Just an FYI - If you are staying in downtown Long Beach, a taxi will be cheaper than a shuttle for the 4 of you. Long Beach Yellow Cab has a flat rate of $23 from LGB airport to the convention center and surrounding hotels.

http://new.longbeachyellowcab.com/rates/