Trivia On Carnival Ships

Raxter54

If Brittany Spears walked in my door I would have no idea who she is. I'd never heard of Katy Perry.

Well, for not knowing anything about the younger generation, you spelled Katy right (not an easy feat). You did spell Britney wrong, so you are batting .500. All things considered, you did well... :D

Bob

We won 2 ships on a stick on our last cruise on music trivia on the Breeze. We didn't even sit in on Star Trek and super hero trivia. There was no hope on those!

The group trivia was fun. It was one side of the room against the other.

We checked our own answers.

Edited by BullDawg91

We have seen people googling the answers on their smart phones during the contest.

Wow, how much did that plastic ship on a stick cost them?

We enjoy trivia games. I like to learn new things.

Mostly it is done with pencil/paper. I was on the Conquest when they did a Star Wars call-in trivia that was hosted by the cruise director, broadcasted over the television and required participants to call-in their answers. It was really fun. There was also a Harry Potter trivia, which was highly attended. My wife and I won the 80's music trivia on our last cruise to which we are still bragging about.:) Although it is not trivia, if you have an opportunity to go to "The Quest" you should take it as it is a lot of fun.

Hey, if they have Beatles trivia when my daughter sails, everyone else might as well not even show up :D

I THOUGHT I knew the Beatles. So I was going to win that contest. Well, I did. Until they put out "Revolution" and the other later albums. You daughter would probably know them.

Now I know Beatles........through 1968.when I graduated from College and went to work. then it was Disco in the early seventies and I admit.........I still drive around and listen to the Bee Gee's greatest hits.

And my guilty pleasure............Toby Keith. And Springsteen's Born in the USA Album when I am mad at our Govt. Which is daily.

LOVE Trivia. And the interesting people who show up as evidenced from these comments. Good sense of humor too usually. Only seen one person make a scene about a trivia contest and that was not on Carnival.

We are weak on sports, even thought that Georgia Hat my husband wears is because a football scholarship at the U. of GA was how he is a college graduate. He knows Football. but not baseball. or tennis. Boxing he is good at. I know nothing if it is not Alabama Crimson Tide, Florida State, U. of Florida and/or U. of Georgia.

We are good in History. Geography. Politics. ( give us an A+ and an ulcer for that).....not good on music TV themes. Not good on cartoons. Good on identifying pictures. We just enjoy the games and the people playing. Some of them are funny.........funny in a very nice way.

Edited by AmberTeka

We love trivia and play as many as we can every cruise. When we used to sail with our kids it was hard to beat us. Everyone had their specialty. My husband knows sports and music. My first son is a walking encyclopedia of history and general stuff. My second son can tell you anything about TV and movies. My daughter always wins the logic games and I fill in when I can. Now it is just my husband and myself we usually find some great new friends and team up with them. On our Dream cruise we made lifelong best friends and played every trivia with them.We have always graded our own papers on Carnival and though I get upset about cheating but not enough to want to give my paper to someone else to grade. It just seems childish to have to do that. So if you think you would like to play trivia come and join in with some new friends and have a great time. Cindy

I have also seen picture trivia where they have 15 pictures of famous women/dolls of famous people/scenes from films and you name as many as you can and then mark it.

On my Sunshine cruise they had this except it was 30 location pictures. They spread them out on the floor and then people would walk around with their paper and write down where they though they were and what the object was so you could get 2 points per question for a total of 60 points (example: a picture of the Syndey Opera House so a point for naming it and a point for the location).

Trivia was and is intended as fun. But there are folks that have turned it into a blood sport.

They get on a ship solely for one purpose...the win every trivia game.

Whether they bring answers from previous cruises, google the answers, or cheat by writing in the answer when it is announced. They FUME when some low life, unsuspecting person or team actually show up and beat them.

More fun to watch those shallow people crave a ship on a stick.

You have no idea! On our Carnival Liberty cruise there was a 3-way tie for Harry Potter trivia. The tiebreaker was to list all the magical curses across the entire series. There was a question as to if one of the curses was legitimate. A little girl who was about eleven years old came out of the audience and went to the cruise director with a Harry Potter Book of Spells! I am NOT kidding. Her information broke the tie!!!!!

I was on the Conquest and the assistant cruise director told us about that. I actually won the Harry Potter Trivia on my cruise but if it would have come down to the naming of spells, I would have been toast:D

Sometimes the host has the wrong answers- on the Ecstasy the Aussie cruise director cost me my ship on a stick with "what were George Washington's teeth made of?"

Did the host ask it as what the teeth were actually made of or what legend has it that the teeth were made of?

I was on the Conquest and the assistant cruise director told us about that. I actually won the Harry Potter Trivia on my cruise but if it would have come down to the naming of spells, I would have been toast:D

OMG, it was unbelievable! I've read all the books and I'd seen all the movies (because I'm a YA librarian [emoji5]️). I wasn't even in the running with that trivia game. The audience was made up of kids and young adults who had read those books a hundred times! By the middle of the game, I was just in awe of the incredible questions and answers!

We really liked the Super Trivia where you had teams and had to show up three different days. The only problem is sometimes you invite others to join your group, and they don't show up some or all of the other days. It does take luck, as you roll the dice for the number of points you are playing for and then if the group does not get the right answer, the next group gets a chance. This was all shout out answers and the host kept the score. Great group activity. Bring the kids as there are questions they can answer.

I think all the other trivia we did was the write your answer and grade your own type, except there was a Red Frog Pub Quiz that was really fun. You have the chance to win alcohol, so they always passed the sheets for others to grade.

Trivia was and is intended as fun. But there are folks that have turned it into a blood sport.

They get on a ship solely for one purpose...the win every trivia game.

Whether they bring answers from previous cruises, google the answers, or cheat by writing in the answer when it is announced. They FUME when some low life, unsuspecting person or team actually show up and beat them.

More fun to watch those shallow people crave a ship on a stick.

Most of the time the trivia is fun. We had one cruise, however, where one family truly was out for blood. At one game they got into an argument with the host about an answer (it didn't matter - they still won) and at Super Trivia they complained that their ship on a stick wasn't inscribed with their feat (Really???) I love trivia, but those people take all the fun out of it.

Sometimes the host has the wrong answers- on the Ecstasy the Aussie cruise director cost me my ship on a stick with "what were George Washington's teeth made of?"

Easy, they were made of pulp, dentin, enamel, etc.

Now his FALSE teeth are a different story. :D

However, wood, is NOT the correct answer. If the CD said that, then s/he was absolutely wrong. You should have gone to GS and shown them that they were wrong and asked for your SonaS.

The real answer is that one set was made of ivory, but other sets were made of human teeth.

Bob

Well, it is great fun, and it has brought us back to Carnival. We like to win, but not by cheating or being rude to others or the Activities staff.

And honestly, in 15 cruises on Carnival, only one a 5 day one, the others seven days or longer...............I have seldom seen real rear ends of horses.

the man who sat by himself and got all of the right answers, 'checked" his own paper.................and when in a group was exposed as a fraud or someone who just had a terrible memory lapse............I think he was mental. You would have to be to want recognition that much. And to think you would not eventually be exposed. Sad too, I avoided him.

Hope he is not cruising the end of June of this year...................................

DD and I had fun playing trivia on our most recent cruise, but there were these obnoxious little girls playing who were asking people for answers, copying answers from others' papers, and writing answers in. There was an adult with them who was just as bad. They won several times and started each session with "we're gonna win, we're gonna win..." Finally some lady caught the adult trying to copy her answers and people started giving him grief, and they finally left.

I don't mind kids having fun, but these people were awful!

On our last Dream cruise, the host had people trade their papers and someone else graded them. This was the first time I had saw this done.

It's usually done on the trust system and indeed how pathetic would you have to be to lie when playing trivia in order to win a plastic ship.

The one I was mad about was "How many sides does a cube have."

A cube has ZERO sides. It has 6 faces, or it has 12 edges, but sides are a feature of 2-dimensional shapes.

I wouldn't have been literal if that particular quiz didn't have so many other "trick" question type things in it.

It cost me a ship.

Edited by skittl1321

The one I was mad about was "How many sides does a cube have."

A cube has ZERO sides. It has 6 faces, or it has 12 edges, but sides are a feature of 2-dimensional shapes.

I wouldn't have been literal if that particular quiz didn't have so many other "trick" question type things in it.

It cost me a ship.

Sorry but I'll disagree with you on that. A cube has 6 sides. You can call them faces if you want but 3 dimensional objects have sides. Left side and right side of a car, the side of my body, and so on.