miami transfer and hotel

doemichael

hi everyone

we have booked cruise for September and included is a hotel precruise and post cruise but reviews not good so lookign to book our own.

We have nerer been to miami before, can anyone recommend the area we should be looking at , we want somewhere that we can be close to city centre for sightseeing etc on our days there but also we can easily get to from airport and then to ship

thanks

You could do downtown Miami pre stay and South Beach for your post stay. That way you get a taste of two different areas. Transportation in cabs is easy for both.

Sept is a lower rate month. So if you name a budget, we can help.

Looks like you are sailing in Sept when prices should be reasonable. How many days pre-cruise? Budget? :confused: Assuming you are flying into MIA - correct? :confused:

In general I would focus on either downtown Miami hotels or Miami Beach (specifically South Beach) for great dining and nightlife options.

In downtown check out the Doubletree, Marriott, Hyatt, Intercontinental, Holiday Inn and Hampton Inn Mary Brickell. All downtown hotels will be about a $25 cab ride from the MIA airport - another $12+ cab ride will get you to your ship the next day.

I'll let locals suggest SB hotels. Taxi to SB from MIA should cost about $32+ and from SB to the port will cost about $15-20.

Do lots of homework on this board and Trip Advisor. Good luck - if this helps you owe me a pint! :cool:

Thanks for replied, great to have an idea so now to do some research ....I day pre cruise but not arriving until 4.30 and one day after , leaving in evening

Edited by doemichael

This is our second cruise out of Miami so I am far from an expert, but I am partial to downtown hotels or South Beach. I would love to stay at South Beach, but the time of year we travel makes those hotels more than we want to spend, and honestly they are really out of our way for our purpose in Miami.

Downtown hotels are not horribly far from MIA and offer walkable restaurants, a park, and bayside mall. There's also stores like Walgreens nearby that are walkable distance from several of the downtown hotels that makes it very convenient to pick up last minute forgotten things or your allowed wine that you want to buy for your cruise if you so choose.

Last time we were downtown, there was a Heat game going on so there was a lot of traffic, but if you were walking as a pedestrian it was no problem.

If you are on a budget I would recommend Holiday Inn Port of Miami or less budget friendly would be the Intercontinental hotel just down the street. Both have great port views.

I too would stay downtown. Not knowing your budget this is a range of hotels to choose from.

Hampton Inn

Intercontinental

Holiday Inn Port of Miami

Marriott Marquis

Marriott

Hyatt

Keith

Thanks...sorry forgot to say budget maximum $150 per night

Thanks...sorry forgot to say budget maximum $150 per night

I just looked up the Intercontinental for a random September weekend. The going rate for their cheapest room was $130. That is such a good rate. We are paying $308 for the same room in January. Just goes to show you what peak season will do to hotel rates. Since you can afford it, I would choose one of the nicer hotels :)

I just looked up the Intercontinental for a random September weekend. The going rate for their cheapest room was $130. That is such a good rate. We are paying $308 for the same room in January. Just goes to show you what peak season will do to hotel rates. Since you can afford it, I would choose one of the nicer hotels :)

Thanks in process of looking as we speak...or type lol. Have priced YVE HOTEL which looks ok...