Hot chocolate complimentary

ricruzer

Going on the Grand next week, can anyone tell me if you can get hot chocolate all day complimentary or do they charge you each time if you do not have a beverage package.

Hot chocolate isn't complimentary.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Forums mobile app

Thank you for this question! I was going to ask but kept forgetting.

If it is not complimentary, I guess I will be adding some packets to my suitcase since I don't drink coffee or tea...I'm assuming I can get some hot water for free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they may offer it for free on Glacier Bay day... on the upper decks...

That is my recollection as well and again in College Fjord and the Hubbard Glacier if those are in your itinerary.

We just got off the Grand yesterday and, as far as I know, they were NOT offering complimentary hot chocolate out on deck. The only thing we saw being offered were specialty coffees with a shot of Jameson or Baileys for $3. I did ask for hot chocolate in the buffet and the server had to go down to deck 12 (???) to get it. He said deck 12 several times so we're figuring he had to do where the suites get their perks.

We did bring packets of hot chocolate with us and ordered pots of hot water from room service along with some cookies and scones from the buffet. Made for a very nice snack in the middle of day while we watched the glaciers. :)

Thank you for this question! I was going to ask but kept forgetting.

If it is not complimentary, I guess I will be adding some packets to my suitcase since I don't drink coffee or tea...I'm assuming I can get some hot water for free?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot water is for the moment free. However, I would not be surprised if they are trying to figure out a way to charge for it so enjoy it while you can. After all, they charge for everything else.

DON

Princess is very inconsistent with how they charge for hot chocolate in Alaska! The little carts they use to walk around the decks with, they do charge for as it contains something else also (not sure as I don't drink alcohol).

Edited by Coral