Cabana club for lunch or dinner

Carnevale

I am hoping to get more info about eating at the Cabana Club (will be doing Alaska in Aug on ms Noordam). Is this open just to those renting a cabana? Is there an extra cost? Is there a dining area or do guests eat in their cabana? Thx!

I am hoping to get more info about eating at the Cabana Club (will be doing Alaska in Aug on ms Noordam). Is this open just to those renting a cabana? Is there an extra cost? Is there a dining area or do guests eat in their cabana? Thx!

The only ships that have dinner in the cabanas are the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam. The Vistas (right now Noordam and Zuiderdam) do not offer dinner because there is no Tamerind Restaurant. The cabanas dinners are serviced by the Tamerind Restaurant.

If you rent a cabana the attendants will get lunch for you from the Lido Menu.

Terri

The only ships that have dinner in the cabanas are the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam. The Vistas (right now Noordam and Zuiderdam) do not offer dinner because there is no Tamerind Restaurant. The cabanas dinners are serviced by the Tamerind Restaurant.

If you rent a cabana the attendants will get lunch for you from the Lido Menu.

Terri

They offered the Cabana Club dinner on the Noordam last March. The Noordam was doing 10/11 day Southern Caribbean cruises. I don't know if they still do though. We got a copy of the menu, but I didn’t save it. It was an extra charge, and if I recall correctly, wine pairings could be included.

Edited by POA1

They offered the Cabana Club dinner on the Noordam last March. The Noordam was doing 10/11 day Southern Caribbean cruises. I don't know if they still do though. We got a copy of the menu, but I didn’t save it. It was an extra charge, and if I recall correctly, wine pairings could be included.

When I was on the Noordam in January and inquired about the dinner, I was told that it is not offered for the reasons I stated above.

I had no idea it had been offered previously.

Terri

Edited by Cruzin Terri

One problem I see with the Cabana Club dinners on the Noordam and Zuiderdam -- rain.

Where would they move the dinner to?

On the Nieuw Amsterdam and Eurodam, they keep 1/2 of the Tamarind closed just in case it rains and they can move the dinner there. It happened on one of our Nieuw Amsterdam cruises. It poured in Puerto Rico and they moved the dinner to the Tamarind.

When I was on the Noordam in January and inquired about the dinner, I was told that it is not offered for the reasons I stated above.

I had no idea it had been offered previously.

Terri

No problem. I was just surprised to see that it wasn't offered. Clearly your information is newer than mine, so I'd be inclined to go with it.

When we were on the Noordam a little over a year ago, they might have been having trouble selling the Cabana Club Dinner. They had a cocktail reception for the Neptune Suite passengers up in the cabana area to promote the dinner. We were in the midst of our Signature Beverage Package research, so we sorting of felt that the extra drinks might have been overkill - skewing our experimental results and all that.

I do remember some of our friends from the Neptune Lounge telling us that it was expensive to - and I quote - "eat in a tent." So KK's pricing above sounds right on the money. We're not opposed to the concept of the cabana dinner, and it seemed like a pretty decent value - but you have to value the outdoor, private dining experience. That's not everyone's cuppa.