Changing Room After Final Payment

gail-s

Okay, I know this might sound crazy, but, I made my final payment in April for our cruise in July. I was looking online last night and noticed that there is another room that may be more attractive that is still open on our planned cruise. Has anyone ever switched rooms within a month of sailing? Would there be any penalties for doing so? Thanks!

Okay, I know this might sound crazy, but, I made my final payment in April for our cruise in July. I was looking online last night and noticed that there is another room that may be more attractive that is still open on our planned cruise. Has anyone ever switched rooms within a month of sailing? Would there be any penalties for doing so? Thanks!

Same category of cabin?

A more desirable Haven Spa suite became available after final payment and I was able to move and maintain all original amenities booked. Differs from your situation as I remained in the same category originally booked.

Please let us know if your were successful in moving.

Mary

If you are willing to pay the price difference, you should be able to make the switch. When I was on Breakaway in Feb 2014, I was booked in an aft balcony and upgraded to a spa suite about a month before the cruise when prices on the suite dropped enough for me to justify the added expense.

We tried to do something similar and were told, "No". We were told that we could forfeit our paid in full funds and then pay for the new cabin with additional funds. The new cabin was less expensive than the original one and I was not asking for any credit, just a move, so we just stayed where we were.

Since then I've read about many people who have successfully done precisely this, so I would recommend calling, perhaps a couple of times if needed! That's what I would do if I was in this situation again.

Good luck!

I'm definitely going to try to call later. The room we have booked decreased in price $448, which I knew might happen when I had to pay $900 to change from June to July (damn snow and school!) Right now the Owners Suite w/ 2 balconies shows available but when you select it it says it's sold out. That would be $50 more than what we paid, but still have the balconies.

Edited by gail-s

I'm definitely going to try to call later. The room we have booked decreased in price $448, which I knew might happen when I had to pay $900 to change from June to July (damn snow and school!) Right now the Owners Suite w/ 2 balconies shows available but when you select it it says it's sold out. That would be $50 more than what we paid, but still have the balconies.

Which sailing are you on? The deal with room showing available then gone is fairly common on the NCL site once you get into the booking. There was actually a thread late last week about it and I see it all the time.

The DOS on the Dawn don't have balconies as you know and there are two configurations - the outside ones sleep up to four and have a large living room but the inner two sleep up to six but have a small living room.