Legend Aft Cabins

We've booked cabin 6128 which is one of the central rear facing cabins on deck six. Can anyone tell me whether these cabins are any different to the normal D1 balcony, there are some indications that both the cabin and balcony are larger, also are there any obstructions? it's hard to tell from the various photos. Comments about any of the aft facing cabins on deck six would be appreciated.

I assume the same would also apply on any of the RCL Vision Class ships.

We've booked cabin 6128 which is one of the central rear facing cabins on deck six. Can anyone tell me whether these cabins are any different to the normal D1 balcony, there are some indications that both the cabin and balcony are larger, also are there any obstructions? it's hard to tell from the various photos. Comments about any of the aft facing cabins on deck six would be appreciated.

Hi Desm,

We had an aft cabin on deck 7 when we sailed on the Legend.

Can't honestly remember the cabin size, but the balcony was definitely a little larger, so would guess Deck 6 would be the same.

Check out this link, which may also help. The cabin is 6628, so just down the hall a little from your cabin

http://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/showthread.php?t=2190500&highlight=aft+vision&page=3

Regards,

Robyn

Hi Robyn,

Thanks for the info, balcony looks a bit larger but it's hard to see any difference in the cabin!

Still looks like fun though!!

cheers

Des

Here's 6628, lots of pics and comments, the exact same cabin you have except on the starboard side:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=46154161&highlight=balcony#post46154161

Go through the review as I have various aft pictures in ports and sailaway.

These D1's are no larger whatsoever to any other D1 on the ship, and are smaller than D1's on newer ships. The balcony is definitely larger.

Yes, there is the structure of the ship that obstructs slightly and you cannot look straight down to the wake, but the view is still fantastic!

DSC04235_zpssxkl22dc.jpg

Forgot to comment on your last question.... only Legend and Splendour have this structure/beams at the back. The other 4 Vision Class ships are unobstructed view of the wake and waves. This is Vision aft view sailing into Bonaire... you see right down to the wake.

8d3dfbd9-f721-4b72-b11a-50a34fe9f9d1_zps4e35a776.jpg

Edited by Hoopster95

• 1 month later...

I have been on an Aft Balcony on the Legend on Deck 6 and Deck 7. Deck six balconies are smaller than on deck 7, you only have the typical 2 chairs and a table. They are larger than the port or starboard size balconies, but not as large as the deck 7 aft balconies, as those have room for two loungers and a table. You do have some of the structure that is in view on Deck 6, but the view of the wake is still wonderful. Also, we only had a small soot problem and just wiped it off during our Caribbean and Panama Canal trips. Enjoy.

We have been in 7132 on Legend for a Southern Caribbean cruise. Two loungers and a table. It was a great location. Didn't notice much soot on the balcony. We like the cabin and balcony.

Just returned from a 10 day in Southeast Asia. We were in 7632 and the soot on the balcony was so bad we had to change rooms. Room steward said it's a common problem with the aft cabins on this ship.

We are booked on legend 8082 aft in January out of Brisbane - have seen a couple of comments regarding soot on previous postings. What was so bad about the soot that you had to move?