How busy with 3 large ships in port?

cigarboo

We will be in St. Thomas later this month on Ncl Getaway, along with the Oasis of the Seas and Carnival Glory. How packed is this island going to get? Will I have trouble getting a taxi? How will the crowds at the beaches be? Should I sign up for a one of the catameran excursions or something similar to get out of town?

Last time we were in St. Thomas, we sailed on the Pearl with only 1 other smaller ship and the place was fairly empty. We went to Coki and Coral World and it was wonderful. I would like to do that again, but suspect it may be a completely different(crowded/stressful) experience.

Wondering same. We are on Getaway in July. The other 2 ships get in 2 hours later than Getaway (assuming same for your day in St. Thomas, but June/July may be different). Get off the ship as early as possible and you will have a 2 hour head start on the crowds!

That is low season as far as cruising is concerned. Yes, two of those ships are huge, but they still don't deposit as many passengers as happens in high season when there are between 6 and 8 ships there.