Issues with carnival customer service

dyson

It's OK you get those people who have to do that. They seem to get offended anytime someone says anything negative about carnival.

Never understood that but hey to each their own

They do. I have found a ton of old sticky candy wrappers under my bed on my last Carnival cruise. They were laying next to a plastic bag of sheets.

Maybe I am just paranoid but I always give my room a good looking over as soon as I arrive.

and like i said i was platinum last cruise still have the card.. its this cruise that i am having the platinum issue.

last cruise when i was platinum is when everything went to heck

Just out of curiosity, how many days does it show you've sailed right now? My guess is that you're still under the platinum required 75 days. And if that's the case, I'd be willing to bet that bumping you to platinum on the last cruise was a one-time deal to try to make you happy, and now you're back to gold - until you do reach the required 75 days.

Guys I mean absolutely no disrespect. But I am not going to keep answering the same question over and over again.

I was a few days from platinum and when the rep supervisor upgraded me to platinum it was a permanent upgrade according to her.

I am going to roll to platinum this coming cruise. By the numbers. But I was upgrade last cruise permanently. My last card was platinum.

I mean absolutely no disrespect. And appreciate all the people trying to help me. But I get the same question over and over again.

and like i said i was platinum last cruise still have the card.. its this cruise that i am having the platinum issue.

last cruise when i was platinum is when everything went to heck

To find out how many days you have sailed, go to Carnival.com, sign in to your accounts (or set up one), Click on Manage my Cruise, then VIFP Club. It will show all of your cruises & # of days sailed.

Please read the above response.

Or read the original statement days have nothing to do with the issue

I have been following the thread, I understand that your main issue seems to be about losing your Platinum status.

There was a mix up in the booking and they were unable to give you FTTF so they gave you Platinum level so you could get some of the benefits of FTTF.

Do you actually have the days required to be platinum or are you going under the premise that because they bumped you up for one sailing that you should be able to stay at that level?

Is this summary correct, for those of us that are lagging behind (it may just be me).

I have been following the thread, I understand that your main issue seems to be about losing your Platinum status.

There was a mix up in the booking and they were unable to give you FTTF so they gave you Platinum level so you could get some of the benefits of FTTF.

Do you actually have the days required to be platinum or are you going under the premise that because they bumped you up for one sailing that you should be able to stay at that level?

Is this summary correct, for those of us that are lagging behind (it may just be me).

Thank you, Wilgr. I was just trying to show him how he can find out the total # of days, but I guess he ignored what I was saying.

Since he/she said that they had done longer cruises (15 day Hawaii + 10 day Alaska) they probably have enough for Platinum status. I was just trying to show how he/she can prove it.

Edited by Sparky2

Thank you, Wilgr. I was just trying to show him how he can find out the total # of days, but I guess he ignored what I was saying.

Since he/she said that they had done longer cruises (15 day Hawaii + 10 day Alaska) they probably have enough for Platinum status. I was just trying to show how he/she can prove it.

Early on I tried to convince him that if he had the 75 days required or if he was going to hit 75 days while on his next cruise and he is SUPPOSED to be platinum that they would get it straight, it just takes time.

ok guys and gals one last time explaining this and I'm sorry after that I am ignoring the repeat question.

I was gold before the cruise on the dream, there was a issue and they upgraded my status to platinum. because I was almost there. No I would not have been after that cruise i would still be a day away. but because they could not correct their error without effecting someone else they went ahead and upgraded me to plat early.

right now I am still a day away from plat . so By the number I should be Gold.

HOWEVER when they did the fix they told me it would be a upgrade and it wouldn't revert back. they said something along the lines of now you can start working t words diamond.

as for the sheets issue I challenge you to think of this when you come back to your room after the 3rd day and your bed is nice and made. is it any different than day one?

there's no way to know if they change the sheets unless you see them.

and fully stripping the bed takes much longer than making it.

also this of this they are churning and burning those rooms. and with the addition of faster to the fun and the increased plat and diamond having access to the rooms earlier and earlier it must be increasingly diffacult to meet the deadlines. and a robe or towl you may notice maybe a pillow. but more than likely not a bed sheet .

i think from now on im going to put a note in the sheets when i leave

ok guys and gals one last time explaining this and I'm sorry after that I am ignoring the repeat question.

I was gold before the cruise on the dream, there was a issue and they upgraded my status to platinum. because I was almost there. No I would not have been after that cruise i would still be a day away. but because they could not correct their error without effecting someone else they went ahead and upgraded me to plat early.

right now I am still a day away from plat . so By the number I should be Gold.

HOWEVER when they did the fix they told me it would be a upgrade and it wouldn't revert back. they said something along the lines of now you can start working t words diamond.

as for the sheets issue I challenge you to think of this when you come back to your room after the 3rd day and your bed is nice and made. is it any different than day one?

there's no way to know if they change the sheets unless you see them.

and fully stripping the bed takes much longer than making it.

also this of this they are churning and burning those rooms. and with the addition of faster to the fun and the increased plat and diamond having access to the rooms earlier and earlier it must be increasingly diffacult to meet the deadlines. and a robe or towl you may notice maybe a pillow. but more than likely not a bed sheet .

i think from now on im going to put a note in the sheets when i leave

If you are 1 day short you will be Platinum on your next cruise, that's why they bumped you up....there is no way that you could have less than a 1 day cruise. Your VIFP still says you are gold because it is supposed to and they will most likely not change it regardless of how many times you call, there is no need to change it whatsoever.

You will be platinum when you step foot on your next cruise, just like everyone else that only needs 1 more sea day to go from gold to platinum.

in my original statement I explained the entire situation about the platinum that I would be one day away once I got back IE 74 days total when i got back.

that being said I would assume it would be pretty obvious that I knew my days, that I had talked to carnival about my days. that I knew hoe to check them, with the VIFP program. But instead I had to answer the same basic question 5 times.how many days do you have why aren't your cruises showing up in your signature what color card do you have etc.. all basically the same question that all could have been answered by reading the first post..

Now again I don't mean to sound rude,and I am very sorry if I am coming across that way but all of those questions could have been answered if it was read. or if they read one of the 5 times that I answered.

thank you very much for re informing me how to find my days but as I stated several times I know them.

Thank you very much for explaining that I needed 75 days to be platinum but again I know that as well and referenced that in my original post.

what I also mentioned is that they made a exception to correct THEIR error.

as for you will be platinum 1 day after you are on the boat that is incorrect your days do not effect your VIFP until you get home only then are they added. so even though it is 1 day I would not be platinum by the days until the next cruise after this one.

that is straight from carnivals mouth.

and as for marking the sheets that's a great idea but unless you are doing a back to back you have NO idea if they were changed before you got on the ship you take it on blind faith .

like many things in the service industry. like are the plates clean or did they rinse them off. you have to assume they were done. after the first night you can mark all you want and I just may. but my issue was starting night one.

So PLEASE everyone i understand how the program works 75 days for platinum I know how to check my days and sailings. BUt none of that effects the issue when I was assured that I would be platinum from now on. It wasnt a promotion . it wasnt done at ship level I was platinum down to the silly camera bag in my room.

but now they are telling me that it didn't happen and they wont do what they said they would do. even though I called and confirmed I was right after booking this cruise with th rep and her supervisor. and got both names and user IDs

Seems like he's got a lot of valid complaints........

Not saying the poster did or didn't have valid complaints. I simply noticed every other line was "I don't like to complain" or "just let it go" and it seemed that the poster did neither of those things. Found it "odd".

As for the Platinum issue, it's very easy to find out if someone has 75 days or not. If they do, then they are Platinum.....if not, they aren't. It's is quite possible someone without the authority changed him to Platinum when he wasn't authorized to be Platinum and then someone else at Carnival found out and changed his level to what he is authorized.

Edited by Out to sea!

Not saying the poster did or didn't have valid complaints. I simply noticed every other line was "I don't like to complain" or "just let it go" and it seemed that the poster did neither of those things. Found it "odd".

As for the Platinum issue, it's very easy to find out if someone has 75 days or not. If they do, then they are Platinum.....if not, they aren't.

Well I think if you read the entire statement in the correct context. or maybe i did a poor job of conveying it to you but I allowed a lot of things from the dirty sheets to the rash to the tendering to the bar staff all to happen without saying a word.. once I reached my point then I did mention everything.

and again I explained that it was a special situation that they upgraded me. in that situation the days don't matter weather i had 50 or 73 when a supervisor says to you to correct the issue this is what we are going to do. and they do it.. and then when you get back its gone and they say it didn't happen that's another story. and it wasn't a issue of sir they did this and it wasn't supposed to happen we cant do that it was a purely confrontational conversation. of someone saying they didn't care what someone did, or the fact that a supervisor stated that I was correct and a rep stated right before her.. and they filled out paperwork to correct the issue.

it was a statement of well they didn't explain in the notes enough and because of that we wont do anything

Edited by dyson

and riddle me this how can you verify what they put in the notes that only they can see?

I can go as far ask to ask them to read it to me,, which I actually did in a way I asked what the comment would say so I could reference it. and what she said she puit is completely different than what the supervisor said.. so who do i believe?

Well I think if you read the entire statement in the correct context. or maybe i did a poor job of conveying it to you but I allowed a lot of things from the dirty sheets to the rash to the tendering to the bar staff all to happen without saying a word.. once I reached my point then I did mention everything.

again AGAIN I explained that it was a special situation that they upgraded me. in that situation the days don't matter weather i had 50 or 73 when a supervisor says to you to correct the issue this is what we are going to do. and they do it.. and then when you get back its gone and they say it didn't happen that's another story

I'm sorry but maybe you misunderstand my position. Carnival rules state that one must have 75 days to be Platinum. If someone gave you Platinum and you are 50 or 73 days or any number below 75, they did so in error. Surprisingly there are a number of people above the level of supervisor and I wouldn't be surprised if a manager said "you did what???" to that supervisor and then corrected you to the level you are authorized. What i do find odd as well is the constant vagueness.....a few days, 50 or 73 days....etc.... Exactly, how many days do you currently have?

exactly what does it matter to the statement? they did it. they fulfilled the promise on the cruise. i was platinum the entire cruise from my boarding pass to the past guest party to getting off the boat. then after they did it I called to find out where it went and they said ogh sir it was a mistake it was supposed to stay.. but she said let me verify that with her manager. she did and she again said it was supposed to stay.

she then said she was filling out forms to correct it and had her manager send them. or something like that. she said it would be 24-48 hours and it would be fixed.

i called 48 hours later and the story completely changed, from it didn't happen and i said pull the call.. to her saying the comments were vague... to her saying they cant call the associate and verify what she said.. to her supervisor doesnt exist...

at that point I was highly upset especially compiled with what happened on the cruise i got off of.

Btw..74 .. I have said numerous times I have 1 day to 75.. but because they only change after you get back I would have to wait until i get back for the 1 day to add then I will have 84

exactly what does it matter to the statement? they did it. they fulfilled the promise on the cruise. i was platinum the entire cruise from my boarding pass to the past guest party to getting off the boat. then after they did it I called to find out where it went and they said ogh sir it was a mistake it was supposed to stay.. but she said let me verify that with her manager. she did and she again said it was supposed to stay.

she then said she was filling out forms to correct it and had her manager send them. or something like that. she said it would be 24-48 hours and it would be fixed.

i called 48 hours later and the story completely changed, from it didn't happen and i said pull the call.. to her saying the comments were vague... to her saying they cant call the associate and verify what she said.. to her supervisor doesnt exist...

at that point I was highly upset especially compiled with what happened on the cruise i got off of.

Btw..74 .. I have said numerous times I have 1 day to 75.. but because they only change after you get back I would have to wait until i get back for the 1 day to add then I will have 84

Well, then the next cruise you will officially be platinum, but the cruise you just took did not make you platinum status. To give up on Carnival and be this close to being platinum and to those mushy chocolate strawberries, you will lose out on the "perks." You will get to be first to disembark for tenders. All you have to do is flash that platinum card and you go to the head of the line along with Diamond. FTTF goes after Diamond and Platinum people. Unless you speak up and know your rights, staff will jack you around.

I am not familiar with any "special" arrangements for someone to become platinum who aren't platinum. I never heard of such a thing. Not saying it didn't happen, but Carnival should have made it perfectly clear that it doesn't make you platinum for every cruise after until you officially reach platinum status.

Edited by elliair

What I am telling you, and have told you a couple times now (but for some reason you think I am badgering you). Regardless of what you have been told, YOU WILL BE PLATINUM ON YOUR NEXT CRUISE!!!!!!

You do not have to wait till the cruise after your next one to get platinum status.

If you have 74 sea days......YOU WILL BE PLATINUM ON YOUR NEXT CRUISE.

That is how the system works, if you were at 61 days and your next cruise was a 15 day cruise YOU WOULD BE PLATINUM ON YOUR NEXT CRUISE.

When you are changing colors they give you credit for all of the days on the cruise when you check in.

I am not making up a story, I am not feeding you a line of crap, I am not jerking your chain.

Look around if you don't believe me.

They will not change your status on your VIFP page, but YOU WILL BE PLATINUM ON YOUR NEXT CRUISE.

thats the thing the 1 day will not add on untill after the cruise..not on the 2nd day

but guys and gals its a bigger issue than one day.. i have a staff that work for me. and when they make a commitment to a customer of my companies i stand up to that commitment. as long as they are not giving away the world.

its a matter of integrity and customer service. if it was the wrong decision i will get with the associate and tell them in the future lets not do that.

but at what point can a company tell a customer something and then not do it for something that really and truly costs them nothing? or next to.

especially after everything that happened in the previous cruise to have the attitude iof ogh well deal with it.

i even called back and asked for a supervisor to call me back and as of the moment nothing.. they did however say it would take up to 72 hours and that ends tomorrow morning.. but again nothing..

at what point do they do the right thing?