Issues with carnival customer service

dyson

Dyson: It takes 75 cruise days to reach platinum. What color was your cruise card? I see that you've taken the following cruises that's in your sig line:

10-30-2012 Carnival Elation

04-13-2012 Carnival Spirit

09-24-2011 Carnival Elation

05-14-2011 Carnival Elation

08-23-2010 Carnival Elation

I assume these were all 7 day cruises. 7 x 5 = 35 days. Even if you account for the cruise you were just on, you fall short of reaching the 75 day Platinum status. Also, did you get the chocolate covered strawberries in your room on the first day? Did you get free laundry? Did you receive any of the Platinum perks? Your S&S card should be silver color was it?

The bed bugs are a bad deal. More concerning is the lack of customer service and how you were treated. I say try different cruise lines and pick the best boats with the best reputation for service. If we do that great service is rewarded financially and in the end we all have a better cruise experience.

In post number 7 I believe is where I saw that.

LOL, OP never said bedbugs, I would just hate for JH to get a message tomorrow saying someone from CC said they got bedbugs from a Carnival ship.

ok rather than answer all post s on their own i will try to reply to everyone here.

I never said bedbugs, just that they were in fact bug bites and the doctor confirmed it.I honestly believe they didn't change the bed sheets and they were dirty or whatever.

As for the question of card color< I had a platinum card on the last cruise > so silver.before that I was gold......

yes my tag line does not show every cruise. if it helps I will try to update it but honestly wasn't that important having it there to me anymore. but there have been some that were much longer a alaskan and Hawaii for example.

You are right the one who makes the most noise gets the most results but I hate to be that guy..

when I was on the ship there was a guy just berating the woman at guest services saying he booked a better room than they gave him but there was no proof of it. he turned it into them calling him a liar. I refuse to be that guy,,

I work with customers every day and as I said it takes a lot for me to get upset.

I am looking to try carnival again because they called me with the $75.00 special it was 1800 for a deluxe ocean view room for the wife and two kids including gratuity for a 10 day cruise from san juan on all new ports.

we have had good and bad in the past but never this bad..

LOL, OP never said bedbugs, I would just hate for JH to get a message tomorrow saying someone from CC said they got bedbugs from a Carnival ship.

Reading comprehension skills around here are just about zero.

Thank you for at least trying to set it straight.

You would be best to do some homework and find out what a bug infestation involves. You don't get rid of it, by changing sheets, or by ordinary cruise ship room cleaning. You still do not know where they were gotten- with your "day 1" claim, YOU could have brought them on.

I usually don't respond to people individually but this was rather insulting so I am going to..

lets look at this logically, spent two nights in new Orleans out of the same suitcase no problems.... first night on ship sons bed very dirty asked porter to change bed because somehow there was a mistake and let it go..she woke up with irritation asked staff if they had changed detergent they said no... next day rash was worse thought maybe food? tried some didya's the day before... again asked someone else about detergent and No..

the next day was concerned enough to go to guest services and ask for help.. they changed the entire room sheets after doing it in the wrong room and no new occurrence. rash slowly got better..

same luggage...

I don't know about you but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck its probably a duck. if the sheets change fixed it its probably it.. and if it didn't come back its not the laundry or the suitcase.....

maybe YOU have bugs in your house or a willingness to take the blame for something that is obviously not your fault bu I prefer logic..

I apologize to everyone for the rudeness of my response but the accusation that I had brought it with me sorta rubbed me the wrong way

Is it a big deal difference between Gold or Platinum? Princess says I'm Gold and I thought that was just something to make me feel important. I don't see any deals that any green, blue or any other color person does'nt get, so when they do label you "Platinum" do you actually get better deals or is that just something to make you feel more important than say Gold or no color people.

Edited by Max49

To me yes there is a big difference you get the priority embark & disembark which means no cattle wines and that's huge you don't have the huge line at guest services if you need help you can get help right away and back to your vacation the priority tender is OK but not really important don't really care about the past guest party or the freebies that they give you to me it's just those three big things then make platinum really worth it

long story basically i was a few days from platinum and on my last cruise they had called and offered me a upgrade I took it and when they moved me they somehow canceled my Faster to the fun and lost 100.00 obc. they swore there was nothing they could do.

so they offered to move me to platinum now,as compensation saying because I would be 1 day away when I got back they could just bump me know.because I fell under the old platinum lines.. not exact wording but basically..

have you reached 75 sailing days currently (including the last cruise)? that is the threshold for qualifying as platinum. you're cruise history / signature is incomplete so there's no way for us to tell aside from asking :)

if you're not sure, check your carnival.com account and check your past cruise history - does it say you've hit 75+ days? if not you're not technically platinum and that could be why you were 'demoted'...

what MAY have happened (can't be sure without more specifics), is that at some times, carnival have run special 'platinum for a cruise' type promotions, where they offer a 'one time only' platinum status. you are not platinum forever, when in this kind of deal, it is 'one time only'. if that was the case and you have not reached 75 days yet, then you may not actually be platinum, but rather extended that just for the last cruise.

if you HAVE reached 75 days, and they all show on your past cruise history, you should have no problem having that rectified.

I have heard the same complaint that if you do not tip you tend to get ignored. We made friends with one of the servers and he told us they pool the gratuity that is included with the Cheers program vs keeping the individual tips.

To me yes there is a big difference you get the priority embark & disembark which means no cattle wines and that's huge you don't have the huge line at guest services if you need help you can get help right away and back to your vacation the priority tender is OK but not really important don't really care about the past guest party or the freebies that they give you to me it's just those three big things then make platinum really worth it

Okay, I see that you updated your sig line to reflect the cruises you took.

4/26/2015 Carnival Dream

9/10/2014 Carnival Miracle

5/5/2013 Carnival Conquest

10/29/2012 Carnival Elation

4/13/2012 Carnival Spirit

9/24/2011 Carnival Elation

5/14/2011 Carnival Elation

8/23/2010 Carnival Elation

3/8/2010 Carnival Fantasy

That's 9 cruises assuming 7 day cruises. That's 63 days. Threshold is 75 days, you don't meet the Platinum criteria status. So, I can see why Carnival is denying you the privileges you thought you were entitled to.

It's best to have your ducks lined up before shooting. Sorry, just going by what you posted.

As far as the other complaints, I wouldn't have kept my trap shut - no matter how laid back you are. Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

Edited by elliair

Okay, I see that you updated your sig line to reflect the cruises you took.

4/26/2015 Carnival Dream

9/10/2014 Carnival Miracle

5/5/2013 Carnival Conquest

10/29/2012 Carnival Elation

4/13/2012 Carnival Spirit

9/24/2011 Carnival Elation

5/14/2011 Carnival Elation

8/23/2010 Carnival Elation

3/8/2010 Carnival Fantasy

That's 9 cruises assuming 7 day cruises. That's 63 days. Threshold is 75 days, you don't meet the Platinum criteria status. So, I can see why Carnival is denying you the privileges you thought you were entitled to.

It's best to have your ducks lined up before shooting. Sorry, just going by what you posted.

As far as the other complaints, I wouldn't have kept my trap shut - no matter how laid back you are. Squeaky wheel gets the oil.

It's best not to make assumptions, if the OP says it was their first platinum cruise, maybe it was.

Not all cruises are 7 days.

As I stated in a previous post some were more for example the Hawaiian was 15. Days and I believe the Alaskan was 10 or so.

I had a issue with a room upgrade and a loss of obc and faster to the fun. They decided to go ahead and upgrade me to platinum now rather then when I get back.

It wasn't a temporary thing it was a permanent update.

I am aware of how the program works on 75 days but this was a exception.

No kind of platinum for this cruise promotion or anything like that.

And as for the alot of complain for someone who let's it go. After a while you have to stand up. And letting it go doesn't mean not noticing the issue

long story basically i was a few days from platinum and on my last cruise they had called and offered me a upgrade I took it and when they moved me they somehow canceled my Faster to the fun and lost 100.00 obc. they swore there was nothing they could do.

so they offered to move me to platinum now,as compensation saying because I would be 1 day away when I got back they could just bump me know.because I fell under the old platinum lines.. not exact wording but basically..

I think someone was just trying to pass the buck. If you aren't Platium by the numbers (75 days) either before or during your next cruise, they can't add those days to your cruise history.

Since the entire VIFP program uses your cruise history to assign your category, I think you are stuck on gold. They did run a promotion one time last year to give one time platinum benefits to Golds, but that only happened once and didn't affect the actual number of days that were actually accumulated.

and like i said i was platinum last cruise still have the card.. its this cruise that i am having the platinum issue.

last cruise when i was platinum is when everything went to heck

now heres the question of the day what do i do now

Clearly with such failed service expectations such as dirty sheets, bug bites, un-cleared plates, discriminatory beverage service and dismissed priority tender privileges, you should never cruise with Carnival again.

How disappointing that you experienced 5 of the 7 top "complaints" (below-average food and amateur entertainment being the other two) all in one trip.

quotearrow-10x10.png=dyson;46813507]and like i said i was platinum last cruise still have the card.. its this cruise that i am having the platinum issue.

last cruise when i was platinum is when everything went to heck[ quotearrow-10x10.png]

What's your card color? Is it gold? You still lack the 75 days to be platinum. I can see people complaining now that if one got platinum, they should too.:rolleyes:

Edited by elliair

I believe it has happened. You think these people are always on the up and up?

These stewards work there butt off on debark day and sometimes they will cut corners here and there to catch up

They do. I have found a ton of old sticky candy wrappers under my bed on my last Carnival cruise. They were laying next to a plastic bag of sheets.