Do cruise lines provide maps for port cities?

hiccups

We were on the last cruise of the season in 2012 (November) and there were not any organized bicycle tours at that time. We did however take advantage of the bikes whenever we could...in Basel we rode across over to France just because it was a novelty to be able to be in two countries with such ease....and in Strasbourg the ship was docked in the perfect location near walkways / trails along the river / canal. The bikes are comfortable and easy to adjust for your height. They come with locks and helmets.

In Breisach we chose to take the tour to Kayserberg and Riquewihr ...delightfully ..picturesque very walkable. Don't remember hearing about Colmar from others.

In Strasbourg we took the canal cruise which was followed by a short stroll and free time in town. Shuttle buses were available back to the ship a number of times during the afternoon as well as from the ship back into town, so you did have the oppotunity to have lunch on board and go back into town to explore for the afternoon.

Sounds like we could do the canal tour and then in the afternoon wander about on our own, then! Thanks!

I'm not sure if we'll be ambitious enough to take the bikes out on our own (DH is leery of not being in a group), but we shall see!

What type of cabin were you in? As I mentioned earlier, I haven't heard much about the ship, and there just aren't enough pictures on the Uniworld website :) We booked aquarium and hopefully will be okay with that.

We were in Cat 2 cabins both times. (I like the colour red) Cabins are cozy (not large) but efficient. All cabins, except the suites, have the same square footage. What changes is the size of your window and the colour of decor.

Taking a bike out for a short ride can be lots of fun. Stay along the river's edge and you won't get lost. Most ports have pathways along the river. And with the map that is available from the front desk...no worries!

Go to the Uniworld website and look up the cruise companion for your particular cruise...you should find a fairly detailed itinerary. They will send you a copy with your documents a couple of weeks before departure, but it is nice to read up on it ahead of time...gets you excited for the trip.

Edited by Ritabob
added something

We were in Cat 2 cabins both times. (I like the colour red) Cabins are cozy (not large) but efficient. All cabins, except the suites, have the same square footage. What changes is the size of your window and the colour of decor.

Taking a bike out for a short ride can be lots of fun. Stay along the river's edge and you won't get lost. Most ports have pathways along the river. And with the map that is available from the front desk...no worries!

Go to the Uniworld website and look up the cruise companion for your particular cruise...you should find a fairly detailed itinerary. They will send you a copy with your documents a couple of weeks before departure, but it is nice to read up on it ahead of time...gets you excited for the trip.

Yep, we printed out the cruise companion right after we booked :) I'm really glad they have them available online!