Sorry another UBP QUESTION

I haven't been keeping up with all the recent changes. We booked our cruise on the getaway in February and receives the ultimate beverage package. Is the gratuity included since we booked in February or will we have to pay the gratuity on each drink?

Bill

I haven't been keeping up with all the recent changes. We booked our cruise on the getaway in February and receives the ultimate beverage package. Is the gratuity included since we booked in February or will we have to pay the gratuity on each drink?

Bill

During the Feb promo, the gratuities were included in the perk.

Booking after May... the 18% of the retail price of the bev pack is not included and is added to your total fare at checkout

Edited by computerworks

We just got off the Gem Sunday, had booked a long time ago with UBP promo and were charged 18% on every drink. We didn't complain, as we still made out way ahead.

You should have been charged for the drink and 18% on the ticket, but they both should have been zeroed out at the end of the day. If that was not the case, you should have complained.

I don't know when "a long time ago" was, but if it was 4-5 months ago, you were overcharged.

You should have been charged for the drink and 18% on the ticket, but they both should have been zeroed out at the end of the day. If that was not the case, you should have complained.

I don't know when "a long time ago" was, but if it was 4-5 months ago, you were overcharged.

You had better believe I will complain if that happens to me.

They are already getting gratuities from the package. I dont want to tip twice.

Sounds just like the specialty restaurants. Paying tips for dining then getting hit up again if you eat in a specialty.

Bill

You had better believe I will complain if that happens to me.

They are already getting gratuities from the package. I dont want to tip twice.

Sounds just like the specialty restaurants. Paying tips for dining then getting hit up again if you eat in a specialty.

Bill

no, it is not the same: those who serve us in the specialty dining rooms are not part of the tip pool, so they depend on the gratuity for their tips: The same with the bar, yes, but in the case of the person being charged tip for drinks, depending on when they purchased the UBP the gratuity was already paid. There is a difference. One is a charge that has been paid already, one is not.

We just got off the Gem Sunday, had booked a long time ago with UBP promo and were charged 18% on every drink. We didn't complain, as we still made out way ahead.

I would have, at least questioned this when receiving my drinks. If you paid when the gratuities were included you should not be charged again. I think it is too late now. So far, you are the only person who has had this experience. It will be interesting to see how many others report the same thing.

After looking at our final bill I would like to be more accurate. We were charged the 18% on 24 purchases (sometimes 1 sometimes 2 ) all in the first 3 days of an 8 day cruise. I would guess we bought at least 12 drinks pp per day. We were not charged for every drink as I previously posted. All together it was around $35. Not sure how NCL figured this. Just wanted to set the record straight and yes I know we could have fought it.

After looking at our final bill I would like to be more accurate. We were charged the 18% on 24 purchases (sometimes 1 sometimes 2 ) all in the first 3 days of an 8 day cruise. I would guess we bought at least 12 drinks pp per day. We were not charged for every drink as I previously posted. All together it was around $35. Not sure how NCL figured this. Just wanted to set the record straight and yes I know we could have fought it.

Were those drink over the $11 limit in cost?