Book Gem Atlantis Excursion in advance?

Juvesgirl

My husband and I will be on the Gem in mid-July. We were planning to do the Atlantis Aquaventure. We have never been, so this first time we wanted to go with the ship since there didn't seem to be a price advantage to do it on our own. Based on reliable info I got from a fellow CCer.

Seadog67 was kind enough to take pictures of the excursion order forms when he was onboard the Gem the last week of May. I compared the prices from these forms, which were from the ship directly, to the prices offered through MyNCL for an online booking. The online price is $169 while the onboard price is $135. The $135 price seemed to be the same if purchasing a daypass at Atlantis directly.

I have a few questions, perhaps someone can answer:

1) is the price for the Aquaventure excursion through the ship less expensive on the May sailing than it will be on the July sailing? (Perhaps that explains the price difference)

2) for those of you who have booked excursions like this, what would you say are the chances that the excursion would be sold out prior to boarding the ship? (On the chance it is less expensive on the ship, we are thinking of waiting and not prebooking, but are nervous it won't be available when we get on the ship)

3) Atlantis claims they could sell out of the passes that you can buy on the premises (not through the ship) - I've heard that doesn't usually happen. Has it happened to anyone reading this post?

4) does Atlantis charge more for the day pass in July than in May, or does the price remain the same?

Since we get so early into the port, I am really looking forward to spending the day at Atlantis so I don't want to take any chances that we won't be able to get access, but I also don't want to spend more on the tickets than I have to since it is already so expensive.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

I go to Atlantis all the time (have timeshare there) and I can tell you for a fact that they DO in fact sell out of day passes! They now have a new rule though that day passes will not be offered to anyone who is not staying at the resort or traveling to the Bahamas on a cruise ship. Gone are the days when people could reserve a cheapie Bahamas hotel and pay to use Atlantis facilities.

As far as different prices at different times of the year...I don't know. I, personally, haven't seen the Atlantis Excursion sold out on cruises if you go to the Excursions Desk on Day 1. I have actually seen it sold out the night prior to docking in Nassau, though.

I go to Atlantis all the time (have timeshare there) and I can tell you for a fact that they DO in fact sell out of day passes! They now have a new rule though that day passes will not be offered to anyone who is not staying at the resort or traveling to the Bahamas on a cruise ship. Gone are the days when people could reserve a cheapie Bahamas hotel and pay to use Atlantis facilities.

As far as different prices at different times of the year...I don't know. I, personally, haven't seen the Atlantis Excursion sold out on cruises if you go to the Excursions Desk on Day 1. I have actually seen it sold out the night prior to docking in Nassau, though.

Thanks so much, Kim! This is helpful information!

My husband and I will be on the Gem in mid-July. We were planning to do the Atlantis Aquaventure. We have never been, so this first time we wanted to go with the ship since there didn't seem to be a price advantage to do it on our own. Based on reliable info I got from a fellow CCer.

Seadog67 was kind enough to take pictures of the excursion order forms when he was onboard the Gem the last week of May. I compared the prices from these forms, which were from the ship directly, to the prices offered through MyNCL for an online booking. The online price is $169 while the onboard price is $135. The $135 price seemed to be the same if purchasing a daypass at Atlantis directly.

I have a few questions, perhaps someone can answer:

1) is the price for the Aquaventure excursion through the ship less expensive on the May sailing than it will be on the July sailing? (Perhaps that explains the price difference)

2) for those of you who have booked excursions like this, what would you say are the chances that the excursion would be sold out prior to boarding the ship? (On the chance it is less expensive on the ship, we are thinking of waiting and not prebooking, but are nervous it won't be available when we get on the ship)

3) Atlantis claims they could sell out of the passes that you can buy on the premises (not through the ship) - I've heard that doesn't usually happen. Has it happened to anyone reading this post?

4) does Atlantis charge more for the day pass in July than in May, or does the price remain the same?

Since we get so early into the port, I am really looking forward to spending the day at Atlantis so I don't want to take any chances that we won't be able to get access, but I also don't want to spend more on the tickets than I have to since it is already so expensive.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide!

I hav ebeen to Atlantis several times. The price is different based upon the time of the year, that's why you're seeing a different price, not becase its cheaper to buy it on the ship than in advance. The price savings from buying from the resort versus doing the excursion is negligible, so it's worth it to do it as an excursion through the ship.

I've got a different question: Is it worth the trouble? It seems like once the traveling time is factored in, there's not much opportunity to do what you want for the limited time available.

It's a 15 minute ride at most

We did the ncl excursion. Hit there early had our choice of seats and did about 4/5 water rides The beach. The aquarium.

Just got in one of the waiting purple vans to go back and had some time to shop in port

This was 1 st week of June 2013 and our port day was something like 9 to 6

Ymmv

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by luvtheships

The excursion price varies (as much as $50 or so) based on when you are sailing. The online price you are seeing for your sailing is most likely what it will cost you if you book when you get on the ship. Passes do sell out at the resort. I've heard they've stopped selling to everyone except cruise passengers. We've done it on our own, and through the ship (off season, so the excursion was just as cheap as buying the passes at Atlantis). You are not sailing off season.

It's a 15 minute ride at most

We did the ncl excursion. Hit there early had our choice of seats and did about 4/5 water rides The beach. The aquarium.

Just got in one of the waiting purple vans to go back and had some time to shop in port

This was 1 st week of June 2013 and our port day was something like 9 to 6

Ymmv

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The excursion price varies (as much as $50 or so) based on when you are sailing. The online price you are seeing for your sailing is most likely what it will cost you if you book when you get on the ship. Passes do sell out at the resort. I've heard they've stopped selling to everyone except cruise passengers. We've done it on our own, and through the ship (off season, so the excursion was just as cheap as buying the passes at Atlantis). You are not sailing off season.

HUGE thanks to everyone for being so helpful! I am very grateful!

Now I have to call Norwegian-the excursion is "unavailable" online in MyNCL.

Thanks again to everyone!