Regal Princess Check In Times

trrrip

Hi everyone. We are sailing on Regal Princess on 26 June and I have just received a communication from Princess stating that Baja deck check in time is between 4pm and 5pm. Does anyone have experience of this and do we have to adhere to it as I don't fancy hanging around Copenhagen off a morning flight till 4:00 pm with all our luggage. This also means we would have to buy lunch somewhere instead of lunch on the ship (which we have already paid for in our fare). Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

We boarded Regal on May 24 in Copenhagen and there was no sign that they were attempting to enforce the suggested boarding times. We were also on Baja and when we arrived at 12:15 there were no lines and we walked right onto the ship. We found a notice in our cabin stating that Princess was starting to "enhance" the boarding process by allowing boarding at 11:30, but warning that cabins may not be ready until 1 PM. Our cabin was ready when we arrived - well before 1 PM.

One of the things we have always preferred about Princess is the immediate access to cabins when boarding. If they are changing their process to allow for earlier boarding without cabins being ready, we will not view this as an improvement.

Thanks for your comment Canuck13, I think we will just make our way to the port around 1:00 pm.

I have been following your review with great interest - thanks for taking the time to do this.

Trrrip

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for your comment Canuck13, I think we will just make our way to the port around 1:00 pm.

I have been following your review with great interest - thanks for taking the time to do this.

Trrrip

Hi, we're on the Regal 10-24 from embarking from Brooklyn, NY...We are also on Baja deck...We always get to the pier around 11ish as we like our vacation to start 'early'. Will we be able to board then? Not so concerned if the cabin isn't ready. We go to lunch in the MDR first.

Thanks.

The guests on Princess are allowed to board when the rooms are ready. It is not like Celebrity where you can board earlier and roam the ship but need to wait until announcement of rooms open to get into your room. Pros and cons for each way. You won't get onboard at 11:00.

What bugged us is you could usually bypass the photographers as you boarded if you weren't interested in a photo op. After 20 plus years of cruising, we are over the photo thing.

On our last cruise in Feb. we were told along with others we had to stand in the long line of people getting their welcome aboard pictures taken, walk by the photographers and then continue on to board. Clogged up the whole system we thought.

Edited by eandj

The guests on Princess are allowed to board when the rooms are ready. It is not like Celebrity where you can board earlier and roam the ship but need to wait until announcement of rooms open to get into your room. Pros and cons for each way. You won't get onboard at 11:00.

What bugged us is you could usually bypass the photographers as you boarded if you weren't interested in a photo op. After 20 plus years of cruising, we are over the photo thing.

On our last cruise in Feb. we were told along with others we had to stand in the long line of people getting their welcome aboard pictures taken, walk by the photographers and then continue on to board. Clogged up the whole system we thought.

IDK if you were bugged by Princess or Celebrity. Princess' pre-boarding photogs are in the waiting lounge and totally optional before you board. The picture taken as you board is done by security staff so they can ID you when returning to ship at ports.

Hi everyone. We are sailing on Regal Princess on 26 June and I have just received a communication from Princess stating that Baja deck check in time is between 4pm and 5pm. Does anyone have experience of this and do we have to adhere to it as I don't fancy hanging around Copenhagen off a morning flight till 4:00 pm with all our luggage. This also means we would have to buy lunch somewhere instead of lunch on the ship (which we have already paid for in our fare). Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Just ignore it and show up when you please.

Princess' pre-boarding photogs are in the waiting lounge and totally optional before you board. The picture taken as you board is done by security staff so they can ID you when returning to ship at ports.

Really? For us they have always been on the walk to the gangway and sometimes difficult to walk around or avoid.

Where have you had photos taken by the ships photographers in the waiting area/lounge? I don't think I would tolerate that. :mad:

Security always takes your photo as you board.