What kind of non stop airfare will I find flying from Nyc to Ams in May?

• 2 weeks later...

If you need roundtrip tickets from New York to Amsterdam you could try http://www.klm.com for non- stop airfares. Tickets on KLM can be bought as long as 360 days in advance so you can book already. Good luck!

For one way tickets booking through your cruise-line will be cheaper.

Will be booking in coach.Thanks

Since overseas fares have gone up every year as of late, I'd look at the rate/flight options for now, a peak summer month, and hope next spring won't match 2015 summer rates.

I would book in Jan. or Feb . after researching. Give yourself some flexibility for best fares. And check cruise line rates as sometimes they will be competitive.

Since overseas fares have gone up every year as of late, I'd look at the rate/flight options for now, a peak summer month, and hope next spring won't match 2015 summer rates.

I agree. None of us have any special inside knowledge. We would be doing the research just like you. Starting by looking at what fares are as far out (noted KLM exception) as you can see them. You will start seeing trends on pricing.

We wouldn't depend on last year's or any previous years' prices, as they have no correlation to this year's or next year's prices.

Edited by CruiserBruce

We are flying to AMS from JFK this July for our cruise on Celebrity Silhouette. We found the best airfare on Icelandair, though it requires a connection in Iceland. KLM non-stop was very expensive. The best part: Icelandair allows a free stopover in Iceland. So after our cruise we will be spending 4 days in Iceland on the way home.