Princess Air package

Kinkacruiser

When you purchase your flights via Princess , is the hotel and transfer to ship part of that? I may consider it next time if the price is competitive. It sounds like an easy way to get to the ship for overseas cruisers like us.

Tell me about the pros and cons.

When you purchase your flights via Princess , is the hotel and transfer to ship part of that? I may consider it next time if the price is competitive. It sounds like an easy way to get to the ship for overseas cruisers like us.

No its air only. I am sure they have packages/charters as they do in the UK I would think?

So expensive to do the pre-cruise hotel through Princess. We find an acceptable hotel with free shuttle to and from airport. Return to Princess shuttle area the day of cruise. Book Princess transfer from airport to ship. Especially if port is a long distance from airport. Has worked well every time. Just notified Princess of expected time would need transfer a head of time. We have arrived back to airport earlier then planned and was still able to board bus to pier. They like filling the bus and we prefer arriving early to port to enjoy MDR lunch.

You book your hotels and transfers separately from the air portion. We usually find that the convenience of booking for and paying on one payment is easier for us. Instead of trying to get your own air , hotel and transfers . Yes doing it yourself is cheaper but I'm willing to pay a little extra for the convenience. Cruise air is usually easier on international flights (all our flights are international) then thru a TA or airline.

Hotels usually cheaper to purchase independently . Same for transfers.

Edited by Kamloops50

One thing you may want to consider if you buy trip insurance through Princess and stay over a few days is that the insurance doesn't cover you. We usually stay over a few days at our final destination. Last January, we ended our cruise and spent four days in Buenos Aires. The day before our flight home, my husband collapsed in a park across from our hotel. Fortunately, it was just a momentary thing and an incredible number of people were extremely helpful. I realized, and later verified with Princess that we were covered by their insurance for the cruise and for our flight back home booked thru Princess, but not for our stay in Buenos Aires. Really, I have no idea how much our health insurance would have paid if this situation would have been worse.

Just an aside here, but after the police helped my husband back to the hotel, the concierge assured me they could get a doctor to come if we needed it. Of course, my husband said no. But later I decided he needed a doctor and the line at the concierge desk was unanswered. I called the front desk and told them we needed a doctor. A little later I was surprised to see a hotel staff member arriving with an adapter. A little while later it dawned on me that they thought my request for a doctor was for an adapter.

One thing you may want to consider if you buy trip insurance through Princess and stay over a few days is that the insurance doesn't cover you. We usually stay over a few days at our final destination. Last January, we ended our cruise and spent four days in Buenos Aires. The day before our flight home, my husband collapsed in a park across from our hotel. Fortunately, it was just a momentary thing and an incredible number of people were extremely helpful. I realized, and later verified with Princess that we were covered by their insurance for the cruise and for our flight back home booked thru Princess, but not for our stay in Buenos Aires. Really, I have no idea how much our health insurance would have paid if this situation would have been worse.

Just an aside here, but after the police helped my husband back to the hotel, the concierge assured me they could get a doctor to come if we needed it. Of course, my husband said no. But later I decided he needed a doctor and the line at the concierge desk was unanswered. I called the front desk and told them we needed a doctor. A little later I was surprised to see a hotel staff member arriving with an adapter. A little while later it dawned on me that they thought my request for a doctor was for an adapter.

I know, after speaking with the insurer, that with the Princess Premium insurance product you are covered for a total of 4 days in addition to the time you are with Princess. It can be split into pre and post cruise. As to how they determine the 4 days --I don't know but will be checking once our plans are confirmed to see if we need additional insurance.