American Table Menu on Liberty

BcIcemen

• 6 months later...

We just returned from the Liberty on February 7th and our first time with the new menu and changes to the MDR. I have to say that the 4 of us sailing were not impressed with the new menu. We chose to go to Lido one night , which we never do, and I resorted to flat iron steak 3 of the other nights. Our wait staff was fantastic, but the food was lacking.

Sherri

We just returned from the Liberty on February 7th and our first time with the new menu and changes to the MDR. I have to say that the 4 of us sailing were not impressed with the new menu. We chose to go to Lido one night , which we never do, and I resorted to flat iron steak 3 of the other nights. Our wait staff was fantastic, but the food was lacking.

Sherri

I was on that cruise as well and couldn't agree with you more... Nothing jumped out as being great... Though my SO said the veggie lasagna was really good... Everything else was just ok... And service on the last night was over 2hrs!!! Not impressed.

I totally agree with uour assessment of menu weakest nights.

The advantage of first night steakhouse is little criwd level snd first night only a free bottle of wine with dinner. I alsothink dress code us less that night as many had nit tet gotten their luggage.

Barbados is also weak - anoter good day to go. Last night- while weak, find it hard to go when you know vacation ending, and likely have packed fancy clothes away.

Steakhouse sticks to dress code first night.

I'm so disappointed there's no Bitter & Blanc on the menu :(

I just might cry...

My last cruise was a first with the American Menu and I was gripping the whole time. That is my favorite dessert. That and the Eggs Benedict are items I only eat while cruising so it was missed. I did hear that you can special order ahead of time and get it at one of the meals. I am going to try next cruise.

Thank you soooo much! I leave for San Juan tomorrow night. We have a slightly different route since this is a themed cruise (Festival at Sea). There are a few things I want to try: yam, pumpkin and cheese pie and the banana-vanilla bread pudding! Glad to hear that you can order lobster every night if you want. :):)

We were on the Liberty just two weeks and I was so excited to see banana-vanilla bread pudding on the menu...........it was a great disappointment as it was nothing like typical bread pudding in taste or appearance:(

Sherri

• 1 month later...

After looking over some menu samples, there are some nights that nothing looks great to me except a dessert. lol Can I go in and ONLY order dessert, or do I have to wait until that course of the meal is being served? I've read about the selections being very versatile and you can pretty much order whatever you want off the menu (even if it's 2 mains) but this will be my first experience with the MDR.

After looking over some menu samples, there are some nights that nothing looks great to me except a dessert. lol Can I go in and ONLY order dessert, or do I have to wait until that course of the meal is being served? I've read about the selections being very versatile and you can pretty much order whatever you want off the menu (even if it's 2 mains) but this will be my first experience with the MDR.

I bet I can guess which nights! I resorted to ordering from the ala carte steakhouse menu for $20 and selected a Lobster tail when I had this issue with American Table. I wonder if that is an option on "old menu". Don't forget to look at the childrens menu main choices, they aren't too bad.

I too would like to know if can come in just for dessert. However--

1.)If you are at set dining time & arriving at traditional time--no problem,but may depend on not getting dessert right away if table mates are there.

2.)If intend show up late with set dining time--let them know if have table mates to not delay dinner service start.

3.)Anytime dining I am sure not a problem as they are always at different dining stages.

lastly-- check out lido area dinner -see if dessert you are looking for is there. They duplicate a lot with exception of warm melting cake (usually) and something like cherries jubilee gets modified.

I bet I can guess which nights! I resorted to ordering from the ala carte steakhouse menu for $20 and selected a Lobster tail when I had this issue with American Table. I wonder if that is an option on "old menu". Don't forget to look at the childrens menu main choices, they aren't too bad.I too would like to know if can come in just for dessert. However--

1.)If you are at set dining time & arriving at traditional time--no problem,but may depend on not getting dessert right away if table mates are there.

2.)If intend show up late with set dining time--let them know if have table mates to not delay dinner service start.

3.)Anytime dining I am sure not a problem as they are always at different dining stages.

lastly-- check out lido area dinner -see if dessert you are looking for is there. They duplicate a lot with exception of warm melting cake (usually) and something like cherries jubilee gets modified.

I haven't been able to find any of the children's menus online. I saw a sample of one, but it was from a few years ago and I don't know if it is still what they serve or if things have changed.

I haven't been able to find any of the children's menus online. I saw a sample of one, but it was from a few years ago and I don't know if it is still what they serve or if things have changed.

I am pretty sure when we sailed it was the sane, with a few daily specials. Usual fare - hamburgerr, cheeseburger,hot dog,cheese or pepporoni pizza (small plate size)chicken nuggets, peanut butter & jelly sandwich,fresh vegetables,french fries, pasta of the day

Desserts - brownie, banana split sundae,cookies,fruit cocktail,jello,ice cream. I also think some type of mac n'cheese.

About the lobster. The lobster you pay $20 for is very different then the one on formal night Formal night lobster are the rock lobster and would take 3-4 to make up the one you pay for. V

Assuming they have not changed it, in post #18 of this thread I have photo of lobster ordered in MDR of the $20 lobster. This was taken June 2015 on Liberty.

• 3 weeks later...
I was on that cruise as well and couldn't agree with you more... Nothing jumped out as being great... Though my SO said the veggie lasagna was really good... Everything else was just ok... And service on the last night was over 2hrs!!! Not impressed.
Same. Did the Liberty 2 years ago, had better luck w/ the ATM that trip. This time, 3/6 repo cruise; aside for a few fish dishes, nothing really worth "going out to dinner for" which is what the standard for the MDR should be IMO.

BIG thanks to people posting pictures. If I get a chance to follow up on my survey, they'll come in handy. KNEW that the 'smoked chicken quesadilla' didn't mention beans (and it was nothing but black bean paste!). One of the biggest issues we had with the menu was the food didn't match the descriptions; it's like they put so much effort in making it sound good, look pretty .. and forgot all about taste. FWIW.