Royal replenish?

I enjoyed it on our cruise. I got some coffee. We brought on our two wines and had a bottle of champagne in our room when we got there.

I like:

Daquiri's

Mango Tango

Miami Vice

The "love" one

I was good with my n/a drinks but still had a cold drink at the pool and dinner.

It's pretty easy to get your moneys worth-start the day with fresh OJ and maybe a coffee drink from Cafe Lattitudes. Get a bottle of water to take back to cabin for use on shore excursions. Try lots of drinks. I'd just ask the bartender to make me something fruity and non-alcoholic. If I was in the mood for mango I'd have them add that. Try the mango lava flows-wonderful! If your stomach needs a little help drink some ginger ale. I plan on using the package again.

Sounds like a good plan to me! ;)

Hi

I've just prepaid for this going in November ,stupid question but do i still pay 18% tip for drinks ?

No, the 18% is part of your initial package purchase. No additional tips are charged when you order drinks.

BekkaW, thanks for mentioning the 4 days left requirement, I wasn't sure as we're on a Med excursion in October with lots of port days- the last 2 days are sea days, so I planned to buy the Replenish then, but it sounds as though if I want for those last two days, I'll need to buy beforehand. Thanks for the heads up!

Does anyone know what a shot of... say crown? or house rum cost? Wife is considering this package for our upcomming cruise and isnt a big drinker at all. However she sometimes wants any one of these fruity drinks with alcohol so I told her maybe she could just order a shot, pay for it and dump it into her fruity drink. Is that considered acceptable? Wouldnt be worth the hassle for me but she may do it a few times I'd guess.

Is there any benefit to purchasing the package on the ship (special offers) or is it the same price as purchasing before sailing?

Thank you!

Usually the same price, but some people report promos on the ship.

Just to confirm the pic posted of the Rhapsody prices is from last month.

Also, if you are gluten intolerant do NOT partake of the alcohol free mudslide..... don't ask me how I know. Trust me. :o

What had gluten in it?

I've noticed that Royal uses Island Oasis for their drinks. IO's recipe for a mudslide is their cappuccino flavor and their ice cream flavor, plus a chocolate syrup. Neither of those flavors has gluten according to their website. Do you think it was the syrup? Or did they make it different from IO's recipe, or not use IO?

What had gluten in it?

I've noticed that Royal uses Island Oasis for their drinks. IO's recipe for a mudslide is their cappuccino flavor and their ice cream flavor, plus a chocolate syrup. Neither of those flavors has gluten according to their website. Do you think it was the syrup? Or did they make it different from IO's recipe, or not use IO?

My understanding from speaking with a chef is the ice cream..... or whatever they use to thicken....

Edited by NorbertsNiece

My understanding from speaking with a chef is the ice cream..... or whatever they use to thicken....

Too late to edit the above : I've had a reaction the last couple of times I've had a Mudslide.... on Rhapsody and Legend or Oasis. When I spoke with a senior chef on board Rhapsody he said the ice-cream so maybe they weren't using the IO product. Certainly I've been warned off the ice cream on board in the past. Could also be whatever is in the chocolate syrup.

Interested to see from the website that their Bloody Mary mix isn't GF

• 3 months later...
Too late to edit the above : I've had a reaction the last couple of times I've had a Mudslide.... on Rhapsody and Legend or Oasis. When I spoke with a senior chef on board Rhapsody he said the ice-cream so maybe they weren't using the IO product. Certainly I've been warned off the ice cream on board in the past. Could also be whatever is in the chocolate syrup.

Interested to see from the website that their Bloody Mary mix isn't GF

On which website do I see that it isn't gluten free?

I am gluten intolerant and have booked the replenished package and will be on the Splendour of the seas in 2 weeks.

So I would like to know on which website I can see the ingredients of the drinks?

I've been on RCCL in 2012 and never had any reactions of the ice cream on board. So have they changed the ingredients?

Edited by conny111

I am gluten intolerant and have booked the replenished package and will be on the Splendour of the seas in 2 weeks.

So I would like to know on which website I can see the ingredients of the drinks?

I've been on RCCL in 2012 and never had any reactions of the ice cream on board. So have they changed the ingredients?

I wish I could tell you. Not seen this information on any website.

When you board go have that conversation with the Head Chef in the MDR..... make arrangements to see him asap and ask for the ingredients list. Ask what they can offer for breakfast specifically. All I know is how I reacted.

I don't have a photo of the menu on Freedom, however this menu fron Rhapsody will give you an idea of what is available at Cafe Promenade:

WP_20150503_11_29_21_Raw.jpg

Does anyone know if you can get these coffee drinks in decaf?

I wish I could tell you. Not seen this information on any website.

When you board go have that conversation with the Head Chef in the MDR..... make arrangements to see him asap and ask for the ingredients list. Ask what they can offer for breakfast specifically. All I know is how I reacted.

THanks for the heads up on the mudslide not being GF and all the GF advice.

Does anyone know if you can get these coffee drinks in decaf?

Yes. I only drink decaf.

THanks for the heads up on the mudslide not being GF and all the GF advice.

Ask. That's the best advice I can give. On one of the ships chef actually brought out the large container of salad dressing to show me the lack of Gluten therein.

Edited by NorbertsNiece

Here is the Island Oasis web site faq.

http://www.islandoasis.com/faq.html#faq_drink_mixes

On of the questions:

Are your products gluten free?

All Island Oasis and Barista Fria mixes are Gluten-Free, except our Bloody Mary mix, which is an exclusive foodservice product

Also the store site you can view the ingredients for the diffrent mixes.

https://secure.islandoasis.com/drink-mixes/frozen-mixes.html

Edited by chandom

Island Oasis FAQ

Are your products gluten free?

All Island Oasis and Barista Fria mixes are Gluten-Free, except our Bloody Mary mix, which is an exclusive foodservice product.

Edited by LilBlackDress

Does anyone know if you can get these coffee drinks in decaf?...

My advice is to purchase your beverage package on board, after you have asked at the venue exactly what is available and included in the package.

I got decaf for the espresso drinks, absolutely. If it hadn't been decaf I wouldn't have slept, since I was getting them around dinner.

As for the IO products...since all but one (I think that's what that said?) is GF, the trick is to make sure they are using the IO products.