Royal will not honor Drink Package Special

Just got off the phone with Royal and was told they are not honoring the special to buy an Ultimate drink package and get the Royal Replenish for free. Evidently marketing made a mistake back in May when they produced the flyer and sent it to Travel Agents and now that people are booking the realized that wasn't what they wanted to offer. They only wanted to offer the soda package. Why bother? I wasn't even going to get a drink package but this offer made it compelling. My husband doesn't really drink but he likes the frozen nonalcoholic drinks so it would have been a good package for the two of us. He doesn't drink soda. I'm most annoyed that my husband who is a to hit the flyer 3 weeks ago and sent it to his customers and now he has to explain that Royal is not willing to honor it. Doesn't look good for Royal or the agency.

Yea. Honestly they would have probably made more money doing the replenish. We would never have considered that ultimate package. But we were with the replenish fake offer. Now we will just purchase DS the refresh only. Honestly. Their mark up on soda concentrate mix for fountain service is astronomical.

Just got off the phone with Royal and was told they are not honoring the special to buy an Ultimate drink package and get the Royal Replenish for free. Evidently marketing made a mistake back in May when they produced the flyer and sent it to Travel Agents and now that people are booking the realized that wasn't what they wanted to offer. They only wanted to offer the soda package. Why bother? I wasn't even going to get a drink package but this offer made it compelling. My husband doesn't really drink but he likes the frozen nonalcoholic drinks so it would have been a good package for the two of us. He doesn't drink soda. I'm most annoyed that my husband who is a to hit the flyer 3 weeks ago and sent it to his customers and now he has to explain that Royal is not willing to honor it. Doesn't look good for Royal or the agency.

I agree, it's a pain, but very typical of Royal. These "mistakes" seem to happen often enough that they it seem to be planned. I would tell people to cancel their beverage package.

Can they not be compelled to honour it? Over here once you advertise something it's pretty hard to wriggle out of

On their fb page people are reporting that they are only honoring it for cruises from June 15 - Aug 31 anything after that they are not honoring it.

I don't see anything on their Facebook page. I called a Royal and they said they are not honoring it. No will try again tomorrow.

Shay Lowe They honor it but your sailings must be from 6/15-8/31. If you are sailing AFTER August 31 2015 then the offer is not valid. You also get a free bottle of American Summer wine🍷😋

Like · Reply · 12 hrs

Jennifer N Steve Whittle So they are honoring the miss print between those dates? Just want to confirm before we call and get ours. Thanks!!

Like · 9 hrs

Shay Lowe Yes. Set it up so you can email the person who is assisting you while your being helped. You need to save and email this photo of the original promotion to them. They were very nice but as in life I guess it depends on who you get on the phone.

Shay Lowe's photo.

Like · 8 hrs

Jennifer N Steve Whittle Awesome thanks

Like · 8 hrs

This is the conversation between myself and another cruiser on the their fb page..org post was at 12:43pm yesterday..I am going to be calling this weekend and see what happens

I spoke with Andie from special services today at 6:45. She assured me that if you had printed proof of the original promotion RCCl would honor it per the resolutions department. She did not give me any specifics as to which cruises, only that you had to physically present the flyer to guest services at which time they would honor it.. I have printed my flyer and will be presenting it to them in 2 weeks. Someone should call to verify what Andie told me. I believe they have been bombarded by dissatisfied loyal cruisers and to make things right they are reversing their original decision not to honor.

I purchased it in good faith after having it confirmed to me twice and have a copy of the flyer.

I fully expect to be disappointed by RCI Customer Service when my cruise comes up but would love to be pleasantly surprised, either way until they contact me to let me know they screwed up, I will let it ride.