Wow What an upgrade!

dawnrae

We booked a 6A oceanview on Riviera Deck using our Marriott Reward points which just cost us port charges and taxes. Our cruise has been sold out for weeks. Just got a confirmation in the mail today and we got upgraded to an 8D on the Empress Deck and it's a balcony! I had to tell someone. I am so excited. This is the best upgrade I have ever received. Whoo Whoo! Can't wait to do the doc dance next.

Dawnrae

I think I was just lucky with this one. I had thought about calling and hinting that I would like a free upgrade but I really didn't feel that I was entitled to one especially since we were using our Marriott points for this cruise. So I am extremely grateful that they did so. I have booked several cruises with them the past couple of years, paying regular fares, so I hope they just thought they were rewarding a good customer.

Momof4boys

Check your rewards and see if you have enough for a cruise. The 7 day is 170,000 points but my husband earned a lot when he was doing a lot of traveling for work. They would often give double and triple points and bonus points for frequent travelers. We also used their credit card to earn additonal points.

Dawnrae

dawnrae,

Good for you. I'm using Marriott points for the Conquest next week. I also was hoping for an upgrade and finally give up and paid the difference for the balcony. Maybe this week we'll get an upgrade to a higher floor. I still think the additional $$$ was worth getting the balcony.

I booked along with 2 other couples 6A guarantee for 10/16 Miracleand we got upgraded to 8F Veranda deck. I am so excited! My DH and I will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary.

9/19 Fascination (2 Days Yahoo!!)

10/16 Miracle

12/05 Inspiration

Archived