Anyone Else Get a Really Weird Survey Email?

kyriecat

Since we have cruised on 7 different lines over the years, ya'll can't call me a cheerleader, but:eek: Celebrity with over one million:eek: 1,000,000 passengers and 10-12, maybe 15, heck lets just double it to 30 people on this thread are taking their business elsewhere. That's going to rock their world don't ya think.

Every one will keep giving RCCL their $$ and they know it, but what the heck it's an Internet chat room.

I'm not one of the 10-15 you refer to....but you forget the multiplier effect....you are only seeing (and celebrity is only seeing/hearing from) 10-15...but for every one you see, there are 10-20 others, perhaps more that you don't see....and all of them talk to their friends....so multiply that by some other number. Also don't forget those that book less on Celebrity and start to book some cruises on other lines for some cruises (that's us BTW).

Also don't forget those that book less on Celebrity and start to book some cruises on other lines for some cruises (that's us BTW).

And us also, as we have sailed on RCCL, Princess and Celebrity 2x, in the last 4 years. Were the other 2 bad? Nope, never had a 'bad' cruise, tho a couple came close to qualifying! But they were not as good as Celebrity is on one of it's bad days. So all this 'talk' about booking elsewhere, been there, done that, spoke with our feet and wallet. Celebrity has not dried up and been sold off, and we are back for more torment.

And we just went over our 300 points in CC! Our next cruise will be our first as Elite. We can only hope that the 'extra' freebies don't ruin everything for us too.

Well, I'm a 40-something who has just sailed X and has another cruise booked, didn't get the email.

COOL! The perfect member to do a line to line comparison since you just returned from your first Celebrity sailing, and have sailed on many of the other line's many are leaving Celebrity for.

A few thoughts, please```````:D

Well, I'm a 40-something who has just sailed X and has another cruise booked, didn't get the email.

I went back and checked my deleted emails just to be sure.

Too bad, I was planning to use Bosco's responses :D

COOL! The perfect member to do a line to line comparison since you just returned from your first Celebrity sailing, and have sailed on many of the other line's many are leaving Celebrity for.

A few thoughts, please```````:D

I'd actually love to hear your thoughts about the Disney Fantasy compared to Celebrity.

We're taking all of our children and grandchildren on the Fantasy for this New Years ( :eek: ) and I'm hoping, besides just being a family trip, it'll actually be a little luxurious, considering the premium Disney charges.

Did anyone else get a request to take a survey from Celebrity yesterday? I received the following email:

Dear Valued Guest,

We are inviting a select group to participate in a survey that will help us better understand our guests' thoughts on Celebrity Cruises, the brand. By completing this survey, you will help to enhance our products and services.

The survey will take <5 minutes to complete. We hope you'll make your opinion count as your feedback is very important to us.

Please be assured that all of your responses will remain strictly confidential and will only be used to improve products and services at Celebrity Cruises.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

I clicked on the link, expecting to see questions about the service, cabins, etc. Instead I had 3 questions:

If Celebrity were a car, what would it be?

If Celebrity were an animal, what would it be?

If Celebrity were a celebrity, who would it be?

How do those questions help to enhance products and services? Am I the only one who received the survey? Was it a real survey from Celebrity?

After seeing the questions, I thought it was a spoof and closed the window. I ran anti-virus and malware programs to make sure I didn't accidentally infect my computer, but neither program picked up anything.

1. This certainly sounds like some just-out-of-B-school newbie trying to be Hip, yet having no idea what effective marketing and customer relations are all about.

2. Some thoughts in these Forums postulate that the comments offered are just from a handful of Luddites who can't stand change. However, just because a relatively few speak out doesn't mean that there isn't a vastly greater amount of folks are affected by what is going on with Celebrity, many negatively so. One just doesn't see/hear all of them ... yet. Think iceberg ... Titanic. Due to terrible communications, many folks who trusted Celebrity have not yet discovered that they have been Royally (pun intended) scr*wed: just wait until that group finds out.

3. Regardless of the target demographic, some things in running a service business should NEVER change:

a. You honor your commitments. Period. Unless you have a very, very, good reason to make a change (in the cruise business this would equate mainly to passenger safety or equipment issues).

b. You run your business in a professional manner. The Celebrity Web site has been an embarrassing joke, and continues to be so.

c. You communicate with your customers. Making changes that affect over 100,000 guests, yet not communicating with them effectively, is simply bad business and has consequences. This communication is two-way: you listen, you show you listen and that listening informs your decisions.

It is hoped that once the picnic baskets have been delivered and the sundresses have been replaced with business suits, that the X ship can be righted. Otherwise, it will be obvious that the Empress has no clothes and that would be bad for everyone.

1. This certainly sounds like some just-out-of-B-school newbie trying to be Hip, yet having no idea what effective marketing and customer relations are all about.

2. Some thoughts in these Forums postulate that the comments offered are just from a handful of Luddites who can't stand change. However, just because a relatively few speak out doesn't mean that there isn't a vastly greater amount of folks are affected by what is going on with Celebrity, many negatively so. One just doesn't see/hear all of them ... yet. Think iceberg ... Titanic. Due to terrible communications, many folks who trusted Celebrity have not yet discovered that they have been Royally (pun intended) scr*wed: just wait until that group finds out.

3. Regardless of the target demographic, some things in running a service business should NEVER change:

a. You honor your commitments. Period. Unless you have a very, very, good reason to make a change (in the cruise business this would equate mainly to passenger safety or equipment issues).

b. You run your business in a professional manner. The Celebrity Web site has been an embarrassing joke, and continues to be so.

c. You communicate with your customers. Making changes that affect over 100,000 guests, yet not communicating with them effectively, is simply bad business and has consequences. This communication is two-way: you listen, you show you listen and that listening informs your decisions.

It is hoped that once the picnic baskets have been delivered and the sundresses have been replaced with business suits, that the X ship can be righted. Otherwise, it will be obvious that the Empress has no clothes and that would be bad for everyone.

Wow, John!!!!

Clear, succinct and spoken beautifully!

Hope someone in corporate sees this.

(Still waiting to get any notice that our itinerary has changed) :rolleyes:

Edited by chamima