Sky- booking specialty dining when have dining credit

erber

My daughter and I will be sailing in a few weeks. We received a dining credit of $50 each and are under the impression that in order to use it, we cannot pre book a dinner reservation before the cruise, but rather, must book a reservation once on board.

We have never sailed NCL before and wanted to know how you book specialty restaurants once on board when we each want to use our dining credit on a reservation together. Additionally, we hope to book the steak restaurant but worry without being able to make reservations before boarding, it will be hard to get a reservation once on board. Do you call a dine line, go to the restaurant and ask or is there some other method to book a reservation as soon as you board ?

They have a reservations desk that you can book at once onboard the ship. A lot of times people will hit that first thinking that everything is going to book out, but from what I have seen, it usually takes at least till the 2nd day before they all book up.

Happy Cruising!! My BFF and I will be on the Sky in December. :p

Thank you so much. Could you tell me where that reservation desk is located? Is it at the restaurant itself or somewhere else? My daughter really wants to go to Cagney's so I am hoping to be able to get in one of the three nights! We are excited to try NCL. We have predominately cruised on Princess but they do not have summer Caribbean cruises this year (or most years for that matter).

I believe it should be right around the customer service area on deck 5. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. =) I think as long as you book it the first day, then you shouldn't have a problem getting a reservation for Cagney's.

Edited by quillwercruisers

Actually, I would double check that you cannot make a reservation before boarding. Do you not see it as an option on NCL.com when you open up your reservation? I am assuming the dining credit will show up on your on-board account and be applied against any speciaty restaurant visits. I did not eat at any of the specialty restaurants, but I was able to make reservations for the MDR at least a few days before boarding.

Thank you for your suggestion to try booking the restaurant. I tried and it worked! It never showed me my on board credit, but when I checked out, the charge was $0 ! So I am very pleased.

Thanks again.