Fizzlewicket's First Cruise on Royal Caribbean's Liberty of the Seas 6/4 – 6/13/2015

Hey Sean, nice review! :D

It was great meeting you and Tanya, glad you guys had a good time. You looked positively worn out the last day when I saw you, now I know why. While I was sitting on my balcony reading you were walking 9 miles a day. :D

Have a great time on the Oasis, hopefully our paths will cross again on a future sailing.

Great review! We (DH and I) got tons of usefull tips for our first cruise, 9 days on Liberty 7/30-8/8 2015. Will the compasses be exactly the same for our cruise or are they likely to change much? I love cupcakes :)! How much were the cupcakes at the Cupcake Cupboard?

Daisy

Great review! We (DH and I) got tons of usefull tips for our first cruise, 9 days on Liberty 7/30-8/8 2015. Will the compasses be exactly the same for our cruise or are they likely to change much? I love cupcakes :)! How much were the cupcakes at the Cupcake Cupboard?

Daisy

Thank you very much.

I believe they were around $2.50.

From what I have read in my research and from other posters, compasses do not change very much.

Hey Sean, nice review! :D

It was great meeting you and Tanya, glad you guys had a good time. You looked positively worn out the last day when I saw you, now I know why. While I was sitting on my balcony reading you were walking 9 miles a day. :D

Have a great time on the Oasis, hopefully our paths will cross again on a future sailing.

Great meeting you too, Nathan. Thanks for being that friendly face is a vast sea of people. And for leading that bar crawl too. We had a really great time too. We were so busy talking and laughing that we kept forgetting to watch the time to hop to the next bar.

When I returned to Columbus Cove, I asked Tanya if she wanted to explore the island a bit before lunch and she did. We were both curious about the other beach and headed in that direction.

A12.jpg

A13.jpg

See those little UFOs in the air? That's a few people hurling down the Dragon Zip Line waaaaaaay over the beach

A14.jpg

After perusing the other beach, we took a look at the other BBQ lunch area that was just about to open.

A15.jpg

By that time though, it was very hot outside and we decided to dine with air conditioning at the Windjammer. We sat near the windows overlooking Columbus Cove and noticed it was filling up quickly with visitors, so we opted to change and go back out for a bit of shopping.

Where were the blue covering/half shells? Are those for rent, or do we just need to get there early to grab one?

• 3 weeks later...

Again thank you Fizzlewicket I have read and re read your wonderful post more times then I can count. We leave in 1 day and 10 hours!!!! Not like I'm counting or anything lol again thanks it was much appreciated[emoji267][emoji41]

Again thank you Fizzlewicket I have read and re read your wonderful post more times then I can count. We leave in 1 day and 10 hours!!!! Not like I'm counting or anything lol again thanks it was much appreciated[emoji267][emoji41]

You are most welcome. Glad I could entertain and inform. You are going to have a blast on your cruise. :D

By kinda popular demand, this is Tanya and I in Alaska about 12 years ago when I was stationed at Eielson AFB. Unfortunately you will need to add about 40 lbs each, a few more inches of hair length for me and some wrinkles to picture what we look like today.

IMG_0077.jpg

Giving a shout out for the mention of Eielson AFB. I lived there for 2.5 years in the late 60's when I was in 1st - 3rd grade.

Thank you for your service Mr. Fizzlewicket!

BTW...AWESOME review!!

I really appreciate everyones feedback. It does help reviews in keeping the momentum when posting long reviews. We have many wonderful reviews that explain things with words and give great commentary and feedback, but I am just trying to change the format again and make people feel like they are on the ship with me. :D

Thank you for all of this hard work. I can tell you are having a great time posting it all. This is making me enjoy my upcoming first cruise even more.

Thanks you, thank you. And there is still more to come. I still have not covered the upper decks nor the ports. :D

But there has been such a request for these Cruise Compasses that I had to get them loaded ....

This is great! I had no idea there was so much to do on board. How do you choose?!!! Thanks for posting these daily itineraries.

Thank you for a great read and allowing me to tag along on your vacation. Oh and btw, RCCL has just announced that they will be adding a a water slide to Liberty during it's upcoming dry dock (Jan2016) We sail on her out of Galveston in Feb 2016. Thank you again!

Happy sailing wherever you go next!

I'm sailing on LOS on November 1, it's repositioning cruise to Galveston. It's 12 days with 6 port stops (I think). I've been on 2 Navigator twice so much of the ship looked very familiar, though the decor was different. I wanted to go to Johnny Rocket's but hubby didn't - he preferred Windjammer. He's not going on the Nov. cruise so I'll have a chance to get that good burger, fries and onion rings. And maybe a chocolate malt?

I appreciated your discussion about your port stops and food reviews. You have a wonderful way of expressing yourself and getting it to also look good on "paper." Your photos are terrific and I particularly love that nighttime departure one. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Lynn

Thank you for a great read and allowing me to tag along on your vacation. Oh and btw, RCCL has just announced that they will be adding a a water slide to Liberty during it's upcoming dry dock (Jan2016) We sail on her out of Galveston in Feb 2016. Thank you again!

Happy sailing wherever you go next!

I am very happy that RC is getting on the water slide bandwagon. It is part of the reason I was looking at NCL Getaway or Carnival Breeze for a future cruise. A ropes course and water slides seem like a great way to pass the time on a sea day.

Thank you so much for the information and all the pics and videos. We have sailed every class ship except Freedom, which we will be sailing the Liberty in October right before she goes to Texas. This gave us a very clear idea of what to expect - can't wait to see her "in person." Thanks so much -- appreciate all your time to do this!

I appreciate the compliments and I am very glad people are still enjoying the review.

Great review, Sean!! I will be on a 5 night to Bermuda on Liberty on September and I really appreciated your detailed review! It will definitely help me get the most out of my 5 nights.

Thanks again! :)

When I returned to Columbus Cove, I asked Tanya if she wanted to explore the island a bit before lunch and she did. We were both curious about the other beach and headed in that direction.

A12.jpg

A13.jpg

See those little UFOs in the air? That's a few people hurling down the Dragon Zip Line waaaaaaay over the beach

A14.jpg

After perusing the other beach, we took a look at the other BBQ lunch area that was just about to open.

A15.jpg

By that time though, it was very hot outside and we decided to dine with air conditioning at the Windjammer. We sat near the windows overlooking Columbus Cove and noticed it was filling up quickly with visitors, so we opted to change and go back out for a bit of shopping.

Do they give you towels to use at Columbus Cove?

Thanks for your super informative review. Looking forward to our LOS in 9 days!