Gym Question

fmigali

I have recently began a healthy eating and exercise regime because it was simply time to lose some weight and be healthier. I have been eating very clean and exercising every day for the last six weeks and I have proudly lost 22 pounds. Well my lovely wife and I are cruising next week for our 10th Wedding Anniversary and I do intent to have a good time, eat great food and enjoy a few cocktails. BUT I plan to workout each morning in the gym.

Here is a question I don't think I have ever seen on CC...does the gym have a scale to weigh myself? I fully expect to gain some weight on the cruise but would like to keep myself motivated by weighing myself each morning on the ship.

I have recently began a healthy eating and exercise regime because it was simply time to lose some weight and be healthier. I have been eating very clean and exercising every day for the last six weeks and I have proudly lost 22 pounds. Well my lovely wife and I are cruising next week for our 10th Wedding Anniversary and I do intent to have a good time, eat great food and enjoy a few cocktails. BUT I plan to workout each morning in the gym.

Here is a question I don't think I have ever seen on CC...does the gym have a scale to weigh myself? I fully expect to gain some weight on the cruise but would like to keep myself motivated by weighing myself each morning on the ship.

I have seen scales on every ship we've sailed, either in the gym or in the ladies changing room. I've never stepped on one, though. :eek: (Maybe I should start.)

Regarding the gym, I do exercise on cruises. I've found that the gym is very quiet later in the day. Before I switched to working out at 5:00'ish, I used to go early, around 7:00 am. I always had to wait for a machine. (Elliptical, treadmill, etc.) No wait at all later in the afternoon. Hope you don't mind this unsolicited advice.

Congrats on the weight loss! Keep up the good work.

Regarding the gym, I do exercise on cruises. I've found that the gym is very quiet later in the day. Before I switched to working out at 5:00'ish, I used to go early, around 7:00 am. I always had to wait for a machine. (Elliptical, treadmill, etc.) No wait at all later in the afternoon. Hope you don't mind this unsolicited advice.

AWESOME advice thank you. I was planning to go earlier but maybe will do it in the afternoon after excursions. :-)

Happy for you and your accomplishment! I have found that after the first day, the gym is pretty empty. Take a change of clothes and use the showers attached the the gym. They are larger and nicer than the showers in the cabin. There are usually towels in the locker room. BTW, I have never gained weight on a cruise. Take the stairs all of the time. Walk the long way to get to places. Have a wonderful time!

Just a tip ... Take the stairs everywhere :)

You are doing a great job. If you are going to the gym every day you are doing more than enough to reach your goals.

While taking the stairs is admirable, remember to be careful. It's easy enough to slip and twist your ankle.

All the Carnival ships I have been on have a scale in the gym.

Have a great cruise