Floating Around Norway on a Cloud

drron29

So it was back on the bus-

DSC03986.JPG.DSC03988.JPG.

Another short stop to see if we could get pictures of an historic village.Unfortunately not really-

DSC03989.JPG.DSC03990.JPG.

DSC03991.JPG.

Another tour had gone to the village on an island by viking boat.As we left the intrepid travellers were returning.Cant see any oars!

DSC03993.JPG.

We came to our last stop the Stave church-old wooden churches which can date from the 1500s.Different sources say 28-35 still exist in Norway.As we arrived a wedding service had just finished in the modern church-

DSC04025.JPG.

Now the Stave church.The beams were put in place after a severe storm in 1992-

DSC04063.JPG.DSC04064.JPG.DSC04049.JPG.

DSC04060.JPG.DSC04054.JPG.

We went through a 5km tunnel to get to the island the port was on.There was a toll.However once a project has been paid off the toll is removed.So now pics going through the town-

DSC04084.JPG.DSC04085.JPG.

DSC04086.JPG.DSC04087.JPG.

DSC04088.JPG.DSC04089.JPG.

Thanks Josette03.I do hope some enjoy my reports or get some tips on things to do.But I have to admit the main reason is to help my memory.

Duct tape once again you give the perfect intro to my next post.That night we had dinner with a Dutch couple.A very pleasant evening.Naturally at one stage the talk turned to food.On our first night in Europe we had stayed at a boutique hotel-the Manoir Inter Scaldes and ate at their 2 Michelin starred restaurant.It turned out that this couple had eaten there on several occasions.They agreed with us that it is a great restaurant.We thoroughly enjoyed it even though we had arrived in Europe a day late so had to drive from Paris to Kruiningen having arrived in Paris at 6am and minus our bags.

If you haven't read the link to my precruise report we highly recommend this place.It is expensive but well worth it.

http://www.interscaldes.eu/en

Now after leaving Kristiansund the clouds rolled in.However they began to retreat so I was able to get some evening colours.I do love sunsets at sea-

DSC04108.JPG.DSC04109.JPG.

DSC04110.JPG.DSC04111.JPG.

DSC04113.JPG.

We awoke on Sunday steaming through the fjords on our way to Haugesund.Initially the weather was perfect with temp 16C (60.4F) but with a little mist which seemed to enhance the scenery-

DSC04114.JPG.DSC04115.JPG.

We passed small villages and larny fish farms and that essential mode of transport for Norway the ferry.

DSC04116.JPG.DSC04117.JPG.

DSC04119.JPG.DSC04123.JPG.

Edited by drron29